From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
objects that spawn during Wintersday.
- Buff Snowline Speed Boost - The present inflates upon being unwrapped, knocking back creatures in a point-blank area of effect. It then explodes after a 1 second delay, launching creatures in a point-blank area of effect and releasing a randomized group of five hostile skritt1.
- When they explode, 0-2 smaller Presents will also spawn at their location. Each present can be picked up by players and contains one Giant Wintersday Gift.
- They are on a 3-7 minute respawn timer, but the timer will not start until all the skritt have been killed.
- Skritt are level-appropriate for the areas they are summoned in and do not drop loot.
- Each individual present has its own set spawn location. If a player is standing on this spot when the present lands, they will be knocked back.
Mysterious Presents are objects that spawn during Wintersday 2012. They can be found in any zone and are indicated by on the minimap. They were allegedly dropped across Tyria by a certain airship. There is one Mysterious Present for each area of the zone and they respawn after approximately 5 minutes. Interacting using the Unwrap action will cause it to explode, pushing you and then launching you back. This will spawn presents. The present will contain 0-3 presents with 1-2 presents being more common than getting three or none. There is also a chance foes will spawn from the present, which include toys produced at Tixx's Infinirarium. Killing the toys that spawn will contribute Buster of the Busted. Presents can be picked up once by everyone around, giving a Wintersday Gift.
There is a chance that a group of foes spawns when the present explodes. Their level scales with the area, being 2 less than the effective level of the player who opened the present. Possible groups are: