- This article is about the order. For the area, see Durmand Priory (location). For the instance, see The Durmand Priory.
Your power is only equal to the sum of your knowledge.
The Durmand Priory is a scholarly order dedicated to protecting knowledge and lore. Named after the monastery which houses their archives, and in turn after the monastery's founder Durmand, members of the Durmand Priory offer their services as advisors, tutors and chroniclers across Tyria. They are willing to share their gathered knowledge but do so cautiously.
The Durmand Priory is one of three major multi-racial orders who are looking for ways to combat the Elder Dragons. They hope that intellect, or some lost piece of knowledge, can save the world from the rise of the dragons.
The current leader of the Priory is the asura Steward Gixx.
The Durmand Priory was founded in 1105 AE, before the Rise of Orr and the flooding of Lion's Arch. The order is younger than the Order of Whispers, but considerably older than the Vigil. The scholars of the Durmand Priory were major contributors to the creation of the New Krytan alphabet, which soon spread throughout the known world. This language allowed communication between all countries, cultures, and races.
Because of its philosophies and ideals, the Durmand Priory was one of the first organizations to accept members from all races.
The Durmand Priory has several ranks in its organization, with each their own focus and specialization.
- Novices: new recruits of the Priory, untested.
- Explorers: standard members of the Priory; adventurers and explorers who collect lost artifacts, knowledge, and maps
- Scholars: the academic, more research-oriented version of the explorer
- Arcanists: the magical protectors of the Priory.
- Magisters: the highest rank of standard member; the captain or group leader, a very respected member
- Archons: members who deal with dangerous knowledge, little is known of them
- Steward: Leader of the Durmand Priory (Only Gixx holds this rank)
The Durmand Priory has a camp, base, or library in each of the major cities, used for recruitment, as well as both large and small camps strewn across Tyria. Small camps are established for maintaining close proximity to their sites of interests, while the larger camps are their main bases in the wider area. Due to the large number of small camps, only the larger bases
- Main Headquarters: Durmand Priory in Lornar's Pass
- Black Citadel base: Durmand Scriptorium
- Divinity's Reach base: Durmand Hall in Kormir Low Road
- Hoelbrak base: Priory Encampment
- Lion's Arch base: Durmand Dig Site
- The Grove base: Durmand Posting in Order's Terrace
- Mirkrise: main camp in Brisban Wildlands
- Mantelet Refuge: main camp in Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Refuge Sanctum: main camp in Blazeridge Steppes
- Old Piken Ruins: Main camp in Iron Marches
 Personal story involvement
Players may join the Order during their personal story at the end of the level 26 story mission. Joining the Durmand Priory leads you to work with Magister Sieran. Joining the Priory will involve solving some puzzles and mysteries, although no less combat.
 Armor and weapons
- Durmand Priory armor can be purchased from Armor Requisitioner Secunda within the instance which is located in the Priory Archives right next to the Waypoint.
- Priory weapons can be purchased from Explorer Holly in Durmand Priory.
- ^ Personal Story overview, Official Guild Wars 2 website
- ^ Guildmag #1: Q&A with Ree Soesbee, GuildMag