Occam is a sylvari smith who is famous for his work. He lived an isolationist life not far from a Soundless camp until the Nightmare Court commissioned an armor set that would make the wearer immortal. Through rare and powerful magical artifacts, he was able to craft the armor which was given to Bercilak, though the armor had one flaw: it would not work unless the entire set was worn. Later, after being freed from the Nightmare Court by Caithe, he joined the Pact at Trahearne's request to help in the fight against Zhaitan, where he and two other smiths - Beigarth and Izu Steelshrike - created the Pact's weaponry. He later joined the Pact's assault against Mordremoth on the Mellaggan's Valor, survived the Pact Fleet's destruction, and worked to destroy the Corpse Grove.
- Chapter 1: Following the Dream
- Chapter 7: Forming the Pact
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- Act I
- Defend the Corps cavern outpost (80) [Group Event]
- This has been horrible! My own brethren have turned against us!
Are you all right?
- I fear I'm badly rattled, that's all. And I keep hearing this buzzing in my ears, like a horrible song that no one else can hear.
- You'd best not listen to it then.
- Pull yourself together, Occam! We all need to keep our wits about us.