From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Quite a sight, eh? This is the longest bridge made entirely of cobbled together shipwrecked vessels in all of Tyria. Actually, the Gangplank is the ONLY cobbled-together shipwrecked bridge in Tyria.
- Fort Marriner was called the "Gangplank"?
But I thought the bridge to
- I understand your confusion. The original bridge across that span was cobbled together almost 75 years ago by Cobiah Marriner using the only materials available to him at the time — shipwrecked vessels.
So this was the bridge to Fort Marriner?
- No, this bridge led to an outpost on the way to Archen Forelands Lionguard built Fort Marriner on the foundation of that outpost, they wanted a more secure bridge. So they built the Gangplank that's there now.
So this was the bridge to an outpost that doesn't exist anymore?
- Exactly, because that outpost is now Fort Marriner. And to make the Lionguard happy, the Captain's Council called for the Gangplank to be dismantled and the Gangplank built in its place.
Then what happened to the original Gangplank?
- Uh... you're standing on it. The Gangplank has a special place in the citizenry's heart that
- No. Thanks. I'll just be going now.
- I've got to be going.
- Ah, it all makes sense now. Good-bye.
- I see. Good bye.
- (If a member of the Durmand Priory)
Are you a historian? I'm a member of the Durmand Priory, myself.
- You're in the Priory? Hmm, you must be new. Well, relatively new. I'm in the Priory, too! But keep it quiet. Don't want any Order of Whispers agents realizing I'm a person of interest.
Are you a person of interest?
- I'm in the Priory. That's all the interest they need. They like to infiltrate the other orders to get their secrets. So talk fast. What do you want?
- Have you heard any juicy gossip?
- Nothing. Just curious.
- Interesting, but I'm just trying to get to the other side. Bye.