From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Malchor was the sculptor who shaped the statues of the gods you see across Orr. The process drove him to madness, and he eventually took his life here. A curious thing to commemorate, I think.
Why was Malchor's work so important to them?
- Orrians revered their six gods above all other things. Malchor was the only one among them to have actually seen the deities' faces. His statues allowed a glimpse at that which they would never see.
But Malchor's gift to them was a curse for him.
- Hence this recognition of his sacrifice. The madness he endured, and eventually succumbed to, made it possible for all to experience the countenance of the gods.
- I guess that sacrifice is worth commemorating.
- But then, everything about this place is curious.
- I'm no expert on Orrian lore, but my time here has inspired me to learn what I can about the people who once lived here.
- I understand.