Captain Ashym is a legendary boss found at the end of the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal. He will have a permanent protection boon on him and gains a permanent retaliation boon as the fight progresses. He will occasionally summon a Veteran Ascalonian Squire, which will constantly grant might to Ashym, up to a stack of 20. At some points, Ashym will swap his sword for a staff, using powerful fire attunement-based spells, before switching back. Defeating Ashym will complete the fractal.
- Summons Minions
- Begins battle with Sword and Shield, switches to Staff at 50% and to Fiery Greatsword at 10% health.
- Growing Rage - Changes fighting styles for each quarter of health lost.
- Summon - Summons a Veteran Ascalonian Squire. The squire carries a banner that grants Ashym a direct boon depending which banner it carries. Can provide Fury, Might, Protection, or Swiftness
Sword and shield skills:
- Meteor Shower - Call down a meteor shower onto the target area. Damage is reduced per target each time they are struck by this ability. This version covers a much larger area.
- Flamewall - Create a wall of flame at the target area that burns foes.
Fiery Greatsword skills:
- Fiery Eruption - Ram your sword into the ground and make fire erupt near your foes.
- Fiery Whirl - Advance forward, slashing foes in your way.
- One of the possible land transformations from the Endless Fractal Tonic.
- It's possibly to negate the effect of retaliation by walking away from him to about 1500 units and then returning to combat range.
- Captain Ashym has a 50 range diameter hitbox, which is considered small.