From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Boiling pot of oil)
Burning Oil is a defensive siege weapon placed over the gates of towers, keeps and Stonemist Castle. For keeps and castles it is default to have Burning Oil; for towers it is a Tier 1 structure upgrade. In both cases it requires supplies in order to become operational.
Burning Oil can be used against attacking enemies to cause significant damage. It is very difficult for enemies to approach the gate or use a Flame Ram while the oil pot is manned by a player.
|1||Pour Oil||3||Pour boiling oil to damage foes.|
|Improved Burning Oil||3||Pour boiling oil to damage foes. Increased oil radius (Replaces Pour Oil for players with at least rank 1 in Burning Oil Mastery)|
|Engulfing Burning Oil||3||Pour boiling oil to damage foes. Increased oil radius and damage. Destroys 1 supply from target (Replaces Pour Oil for players with at least rank 4 in Burning Oil Mastery)|
|2||Pour Tar||20||Pour tar to cripple foes.|
|Improved Poured Tar||20||Pour tar to cripple foes. Increased radius. (Replaces Pour Tar for players with at least rank 1 in Burning Oil Mastery)|
|3||Burning Shell||40||Creates a fiery dome that reflects projectiles. (Available for players with at least rank 5 in Burning Oil Mastery)|
Related world abilities
Total Cost: 60
Improves all Burning Oil skills and unlocks new abilities
|1||Increases Burning Oil radius by 25%||3|
|2||Increases Burning Oil damage by 15%||7|
|3||While using the oil, reduces the damage received by the oil pot and the player||10|
|4||Basic Burning Oil attacks burn one supply from target||15|
|5||Burning Shell: Creates a fiery dome that reflects projectiles||25|
- Rank 1 increases Burning Oil skills radius by 25% (from 240 to 300).
- Rank 2 increases Burning Oil damage by 15%.
- Rank 3 reduces the damage received by the oil pot and the player which uses oil by applying the Oil Mastery III: Increased armor effect.
- Rank 4 enhances Basic Burning Oil such that every second one supply is burned from at most 50 enemies.
- Rank 5 adds the skill Burning Shell which creates a fiery dome that reflects projectiles.
- See also: Siege weapon#Related world abilities
- The AoE target limit is 50.
- Requires 50 Supplies to build.