Containers are a type of item. While similar to consumables in that they can be double-clicked and are then "consumed," instead of granting an intangible effect to the character, containers produce one or more items in the character's inventory. Some containers produce only one item, some produce a fixed set of items, and most produce a random assortment from a standard list of possible items. For example, cooking materials "in bulk" always contain 25 of the named ingredient.
Containers are used extensively in the game as one of the main vehicles for player rewards. Containers from story, dungeons, fractals, activities, festivals, bonus chests, certain events, daily achievements and login rewards are examples of this.
Containers appear listed in the trading post under the "Other" category as the subcategory "Packaged Goods".
For a list of all containers, see Category:Containers.
Crafting material containers
Enemy players also drop this type of container, but they will drop the same regardless of their race.
Most of these containers follow a common naming convention:
|Tier||Prefix||Enemy level1||Basic material tier||Fine material tier||Rare material tier|
Crafting material containers by tier
Containers are used widely across the game. The following are just some examples of containers found in the game:
- Daily achievements provide containers that include rewards that depend on the content completed.
- Login rewards and achievement rewards are also provided in containers.
- Hidden containers are sometimes obtained when gathering wood. They usually contain jewels.
- Champion loot bags are dropped by most champions and legendary bosses, and also obtained from story missions and PvP reward tracks.
- Bags of Coins are often awarded from Activities, and they are random drops in Dungeons and Fractals.
- Bags of Wondrous Goods are rewards randomly found in dungeons and contain bonus dungeon currency in explorable mode and coin and universal upgrades in story mode.
- Bulk armor can be done with recipes obtained using the mystic forge. The result of these recipes are often tradable containers that produce a full set of armor with the rarity and stat combination of the chest used to craft the recipe.
- Activities may also reward Chest or Splendid Chest containers that contain karma, bags of coin, random equipment and sometimes rare rewards. If they have a repeatable achievement, this often rewards a loot bag with bonus rewards.
- Small Bags of Goods are found around bandit camps as part of Renown Heart tasks.
- When events give item rewards on success instead from enemy drops, these are often given inside containers in a bonus chest at the end of the event. Examples of this are Bags of Gear from many events in The Silverwastes, and hardcore group events like defeating Tequatl and the Triple Trouble.
- Ingredients can be purchased in bulk packages from many vendors all over the world. These usually contain 25 units of the item.