Free the captured
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Defeat the Archdiviner
- Use the cultist hammer to break the ankle seals.
- Break the chest seal.
- Break the arm seals.
- Destroy the final seal.
- Legendary Archdiviner
The main boss of this fractal. He uses the Cultist Hammer. His core attacks:
- Short-range Leap -- Most likely will down you at higher fractals. Should be evaded.
- Spin -- Shoots out strong projectiles in an AoE. These projectiles also cause confusion. Should be evaded.
- Channel -- Red AoEs on the floor. You have about a second or two to leave these circles before they apply 4 conditions to you. (May not require dodging, try running forwards in the direction closest to safety)
- Cultist Hammer
This hammer is acquired very early. Its fourth skill is required for the fractal's puzzles. If the hammer wielder is downed from a fall, the hammer will spawn near them.
- The three basic skills are a standard attack, a knockback with weaker damage, and an AoE shield which provides stability
- The hammer will charge up and offer a fourth skill when an enemy is defeated near the hammer.
- The wielder of the hammer needs to be within range and have tagged the mob; It is unnecessary to deliver the final blow.
- The hammer loses charge whenever it is dropped
- Initially, picking up the hammer will cause damage to the player (At higher levels, about ~5k health's worth instantly)
- If a player picks up the hammer while s/he still has stacks of Hammer Corruption, s/he will take increased damage and gain multiple conditions.
- It applies a condition called Hammer Corruption every second
- Corruption (Condition)
The cultist hammer applies a condition called Corruption. Corruption stacks in duration and can only be removed by dropping the hammer. (One stack is applied and removed every one second.)
- For every 10 stacks of corruption, the wielder is affected by 1 stack of vulnerability
- When corruption reaches 20 stacks, the wielder is affected by 1 stack of weakness
- When corruption reaches 30 stacks, the wielder is stunned
- When corruption reaches 40 stacks, the wielder is downed and drops the hammer
Encounter the Legendary Archdiviner. Defeat him and take his Cultist Hammer. Progress through the stone tunnel avoiding the two traps on the way. The traps are indicated by raised stone squares with holes in them and can be dodged. There are two routes that may spawn past the tunnel. One is to the right and is straight forward. The other path continues forward and has enemies on the scaffolding. (The enemies on the scaffolding can be skipped).
There are 4 enemies here. Extra enemies (a veteran and a normal) spawn after the original four are defeated.
- If the party is very careful they can charge the hammer four times, twice for each seal, thus defeating this stage without spawning any extra enemies.
- To charge the hammer, you must defeat an enemy with the Cultist Hammer.
- Avoid using AOE attacks here, so you can charge the hammer four times using only the original mobs.
To progress, the party will pass three more traps on the ground -- the second is prior to the wood bridge, the third is prior to the start of the tunnel.
At the end of the tunnel there is more scaffolding. This scaffolding has gargoyles that push air out of their mouths. Use timing to run past the traps. In addition, the wind can be dodged, blocked with Aegis, or a player can use stability to run through them. If you fall off, you will be downed between the wooden bridge and the tunnel prior to this scaffolding.
There are AoE fires burning on the floor. The fires are both preceded and followed by a small fire (the size of the red circle will not change). The colossus will blow out one of the flames at a time. There will always be one safe spot and two burning ones. Keep moving onto the safe parts, charge the hammer, and destroy the seal.
Note: There are two safe spots outside the intersection of two fires. One is to the left of the seal against the colossus, the other is on the outside edge.
- Most parties will stack in the safe spot left of the seal and charge the hammer as enemies come into melee range of the party. Blinds and reflects are important if stacking here since there are a lot of mobs who deal significant damage. There will be one or two ranged mobs who use Trick Shot and also deal large amounts of damage.
Afterwards there are no enemies or traps for the scaffolding to the next level. It is advisable to wait for your party prior to walking up the last wooden ramp before the next seal as sometimes enemies will aggro those who move too close.
On this level, the seals are separated by a hallway. The hammer needs to alternate between hitting each arm seal. When one seal is hit it becomes protected by a purple bubble and accordingly the other seal loses its purple bubble and can be hit with the charged hammer.
Foes respawn indefinitely until the seals are destroyed and apply heavy stacks of vulnerability.
Foes on each side will regenerate that seal's health. Keeping the foes aggro'ed on one side will minimize the healing done to that seal. The seals' repair rate is the same at all difficulty levels.
- Target one cultist at the first seal and leave it alive throughout the fight; this prevents additional spawns from appearing that heal the seal.
- Defeat the other cultist on the first seal. Hit the seal with the charged hammer.
- Run to the second side and defeat a cultist. Hit the seal with the charged hammer.
- Switch the hammer to a new player and recharge the hammer on the second cultist there, then that player runs to the first seal, hits it, and runs back.
- At this point, the party members without the hammer stack back in the hallway, out of line of sight of the cultists who spawn at the second seal.
- Party members stacked in the hallway are responsible for continually pulling the cultists back into the hallway and killing them. This minimizes healing done to the seal.
- Mobs spawn separately from one another, so some will continue to respawn even as your party is fighting in the hallway.
- Use the mobs pulled into the hallway from the second seal to continually charge the hammer and hit the appropriate seal.
- Only the person with the charged hammer should leave the stack in the hallway.
- If the second seal breaks first, the whole party moves back over to the first seal and uses the originally targeted Cultist to break it.
Speed boosts, blinks, and portals can help reduce the travel time between arm seals.
The scaffolding to the final level is trapped with timed explosives that will knock you off. Wait for them to clear at each landing or follow behind the explosions as they go up the ramps. The shorter ramps with explosives can be dodged. Speed boosts or a well-timed Stability can be helpful. If you are knocked off, you will be placed prior to the tunnel.
Note: It is not necessary to carry the hammer up this final scaffolding. Whether this is a bug or by design is unknown. The Legendary Archdiviner seems to be able to take the hammer from anywhere in the next section.
Prior to entering the final chamber there chains on the wall. If you are locked out of the room, these chains can be activated to allow you inside.
At the beginning of the fight, the Legendary Archdiviner stuns those inside the final chamber and takes the Cultist Hammer back. It is possible to break these stuns with a skill.
In between each phase there is a transition phase. They occur at 75%/50%/25%/0% accordingly. He will become invulnerable to damage and will drop the hammer. Also, the purple protection on the seal in the center of the room will be removed and four foes will spawn on the circle around the seal, giving you an opportunity to charge the hammer by killing one of them. In lower-level fractals, the mobs will despawn after you hit the seal, but will not in later levels, so it is advisable to clear them out first before using the charged hammer on the seal. After the seal has been hit by the hammer, the Legendary Archdiviner will stun the party and take his hammer back as he did prior to the fight. If a player stands near the Legendary Archdiviner when the seal is hit and the party is stunned, he will also be stunned.
He starts with four cultists around him. The party can pull the cultists behind the brazier to the right of the Legendary Archdiviner and kill them before he is aggro'ed. In this phase he only uses a hard hitting melee attack and channels his AOE circles from the first fight that apply conditions after a couple seconds.
The same mechanics apply.
He has a white AoE attack (which looks like the Guardian's Judgment skill) where he applies Stability/Protection to himself, drops the hammer hilt to the ground, and then raises it to the sky.
At levels 10 and higher, this attack applies agony. It can be evaded, blocked, or mitigated via skills. It can also be avoided at max-range. This attack can also be avoided using the walls of the four braziers via line of sight. At even higher levels it is often preceded with a pull, making it more difficult to avoid. As soon as he starts casting this ability he will start reflecting all projectiles, this persists for a short duration after the ability is cast too.
In addition, he will start locking people in cages. Prisoners can break out using melee attacks or by targeting the cage door.
He also spawns two ranged minions periodically. He will continue spawning two minions throughout the fight and so, if they are not killed consistently, it is possible for many minions to be active at the same time.
Same as phase 3 except he will stop channeling wells and gains the ability to send ranged projectiles at several party members simulatneously.
Instead of simply stunning the group at the end of this transition, he will remain invulnerable. The seal needs to be hit twice in this phase, so the hammer needs to be charged two separate times.
When the seal is finally broken (and the chest spawns), the Colossus will stand and, after a short time, bow with his hands together. If you /bow in return, you will receive the Take a Bow achievement.
- Skills that remove Conditions, such as Null Field and Purging Flames, are very useful in this Fractal and can remove multiple stacks of Vulnerability from the enemy Chanters.
- Stability can be used during the scaffoldings to avoid being knocked down from the wind or the explosives. Elite skills that grant Stability for a long period, such as Plague, Rampage As One and Tornado, can be used to quickly speed through the scaffoldings.
- Environmental weapons
- All enemies within this fractal are mechanically Bandits, and considered so for achievements and "of Slaying" potions and sigils. They also have bandit drops.
- This Fractal was inspired by ancient myths such as the one of Prometheus.
- The Colossus bears a striking resemblance to Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen franchise. This includes the way he teleports after being saved.
- ^ a b TowerTalk LoreSpecial: Closeup Flame&Frost and Fractals, TowerTalk