Ascalon City Ruins
Ascalon City Ruins
Ascalon City Ruins seen from Human's Lament.
The Ascalon City Ruins are the former human city located near the center of Ascalon along the Great Northern Wall. Once a major city of Ascalon, following the Searing the city was left in ruins but remained a bastion for the ongoing struggle against the first charr invasion. As time passed the Ascalon resistance dwindled in number due to deaths, desertions, and the exodus to Kryta.
Twenty years after the Searing, King Adelbern and his remaining forces, unable to hold Rin, staged a final defense at Ascalon City as their last resort. Cut off from the Ebon Vanguard, with most of his men dead or dying, Adelbern committed one last act of defiance and called upon the powers of his sword, Magdaer to bring about the Foefire and drive the charr back.
Ascalon City is now a ghost town, filled with the spirits of its guard. The ghosts continue to watch over the ruins but make no attempt to communicate with living humans. They are nothing more than echoes of the soldiers who died there centuries ago. Legend says that if one of the twin swords of the royal family is returned to the city by the rightful heir of the throne that the spirits will finally be laid to rest.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Help Ghyrtratus Fiendmauler retake Ascalon City (14)
- Ascalon City Waypoint
Ascalon City Ruins Vista
- West of the Vista is a staircase, climb it and then jump to the Vista.
- Protect the siege team as they approach the wall (11)
- Defend the mortars from ghosts (12)
- Destroy the Ascalonian Soldier Statue (12)
- Protect the demolition team (13)
- Destroy the Ascalonian Scholar Statue (14)
- Destroy the Ghostly Trebuchet on the Bridge (14)
- Destroy the Ghostly Trebuchet on the Hill (14)
- Kill Siegemaster Lormar (14) [Group Event]
- Veteran Ascalonian Archer
- Veteran Ascalonian Captain
- Veteran Ascalonian Mage
- Veteran Ascalonian Healer
- Veteran Captain West