Devourers are scorpion-like arachnids with two tails. They have been seen in both the western and eastern edges of Tyria, thriving in arid and humid areas. Primarily carrion eaters, devourers have a tendency to swarm towards battlefields and other locations of mass deaths. They have a long history of being tamed by the charr, both for battle and gladiatorial entertainment purposes, who were the first known to tame devourers.
Like many arthopods, devourers thrive in colonies surrounding queens which focus on laying eggs.
Some devourers can grow to gargantuan sizes, with stingers capable of launching siege-like attacks. In the past, they were used as siege mounts by the charr, but now have mostly been replaced by mechanical tanks.
- See also: Category:Devourers
|Pet||Unique skill||Aquatic skill|
|Juvenile Carrion Devourer||1524||1524||2898||2211||1000||Poisonous Cloud||Regenerate|
|Juvenile Lashtail Devourer||1524||1524||2898||2211||1000||Rending Barbs||Lashtail Venom|
|Juvenile Whiptail Devourer||1524||1524||2898||2211||1000||Poison Barbs||Poison Cloud|
- Rangers can charm the juvenile versions of some devourers as amphibious pets.
- A charr ranger may choose a pet devourer at the biography step during character creation.
- They have higher armor than most other pets and have a ranged auto attack (about 600 to 900)
- A list of devourer skills can be located here.
- Life on Tyria 07: The Devourers - A YouTube video overview of devourers.