From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Here's what I've found:
- If you use a skill that targets an enemy, the enemy is the target of the bolt.
- If you use an AoE (including elixirs), some enemy in the AoE is the target. If there's no enemy in the AoE, the bolt discharges but hits nothing. (Later edit - this might not be right. I'll test it later).
- I'm not sure about skills that don't target an enemy or do AoE - Healing Mist, blowing up turrets, and the like. They discharge a bolt but I'm not sure if there's a way to get it to hit something.
-Starlight 22:08, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
- Ignore the above, I tested all the combinations I could think of. My results are on the main page -Starlight 16:01, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
- Shoots out from infront of you, seems to be able to bounce twice and deals about as much damage as an auto attack 188.8.131.52 00:10, 31 August 2012 (UTC)