Slay the octovine! (northgate)
Slay the octovine!
- Tarir, the Forgotten City
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Battle in Tarir (meta event)
- Preceded by
- Destroy the vines blocking Tarir's north entrance
Slay the octovine! is a level 80 events that occur near the northgate during the Battle in Tarir (meta event) as part of the Battle in Tarir map meta event.
- Octovine [North]
- Layers of Slime Protection: 15
- Primary article: Battle in Tarir
- Covered in Slime — The octovine is covered in slime that makes it immune to conditions and damage. A concentrated dose of herbicide may prove useful.
- Covered in Slime — The tendril is covered in slime from the octovine, making it immune to conditions and damage. Herbicide may dispel the slime and weaken the tendril.
Players equip the Bramble Begone bundle at the start. Herbicide Spray is used to destroy the vine walls that surround the octovine (not the octovine itself). Once these vines are removed, build Herbicide Turrets and Fire to remove one slime layer per shot. The turrets are very vulnerable and will be destroyed by a single hit from an enemy. The outer vines periodically regenerate and can also be destroyed once all slime layers have been removed, bypassing the use of Herbicide Spray.
Each player can remove six layers with a single, fresh turret. Alacrity and quickness can allow for an additional shot before the turret expires. The skill works similarly to a mortar and must have line of sight with the octovine. If used correctly, the skill will leave a damaging area of effect field at the base of the octovine while dropping a slime layer stack. The turret can be placed a little further back to avoid this field.
Enchanted Armors should focus on clearing a path to the octovine by moving the Triggerblossoms away and disabling the Mordrem Arrowhead and Elite Mordrem Crushers by breaking their Defiance bar. Avoid disabling the Arrowhead and allow it to roll away if it is near or on top of the octovine. If not, the next attack after it recovers will down all players and destroy all turrets. Mordrems Crushers can knockdown players and destroy turrets with their conal smash. Defiance bars can be broken in one or two hits using a combination of Heavy Weight, Compulsion, or Freezing Blast, with the first two skills used to reposition enemies.
This lane can be moderately difficult due to mechanical failure (especially due to the below bug) or poor enemy management. Prioritize killing the Mordrem Breacher first then the enemies it spawns to prevent premature destruction of turrets. Enemies will respawn indefinitely if the Mordrem Breacher remains alive. If the spawned enemies are not killed before the next Mordrem Breacher spawns, it is possible to have multiple sets of enemies present (e.g. four Elite Mordrem Crushers instead of two).
|1||Herbicide Spray||2¼||1||Spray a cone of herbicide to damage bramble vines.|
|2||Herbicide Turret||Convert your weapon into a turret that fires a concentrated blast of herbicide. Requires 99 ammunition.|
|1||Fire||8¼||5||Press and hold to fire a shot. Hold down to shoot farther. Turret will be destroyed.|
- Elite Mordrem Crusher
- Elite Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Elite Mordrem Guard Sniper
- Mordrem Arrowhead
- Mordrem Breacher
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Sniper
- Event start
- Priory Alchemist: Mordrem won't be taking Tarir today. Not if I can help it.
- Priory Alchemist: We have plenty of devices handy. Use them to your advantage.
- Auric Basin: Mordrem Begone — Participate in the assault on the northern octovine during the Battle in Tarir. (3 )
- Luminate's Backplate: North Tarir Commendation