Assuming fixing-up is being done on this wiki, too, can the site notice say "Guild Wars 2 Wiki" instead of "Guild Wars Wiki"? Calor 02:37, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- It did say that, but Poke copied and pasted the GWW notice to change the times and a little formatting and didn't add the 2. -- pling | ggggg 14:37, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- well, it IS a funny date XD--Sierra Echo126.96.36.199 19:53, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- My bets are on yes, there will be an update - the wikis have had problems, for example on Monday they were down for over three hours. By the way, if you want to discuss the maintenance, I think User talk:Emily Diehl#Upcoming maintenance this Thursday (or the GWW equivalent) would be better - discussion about MediaWiki pages should generally be kept about technical stuff and what should be on there, not chatter. -- pling 20:32, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- Done. —Dr Ishmael 17:20, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
use it. :p -Chieftain Alex 16:45, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- He should have said "in less than 15 minutes" :P MY bad for not communicating it, it'll be gone very shortly if things are going ok --Stephane Lo Presti talk 16:47, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- Try not to use edit summaries that only make sense when you see them in RC. pling 16:49, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
"how to help"
seriously felix, do you have to revert it every time I delete the help message? We've had it up for 2 years now. -Chieftain Alex 22:27, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- welp seems I've only tried to delete the h-t-h message once, last time it was the random as hell april fools aftermath notice. -Chieftain Alex 22:53, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
Wording for HoT release?
Despite removing the notice only yesterday, I suspect we'll want a new notice when HoT comes out in 37 hours time. I'm terrible at wording so if someone feels like rewording this that'd be grand.
-Chieftain Alex 17:58, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
- o.o After having a sitenotice that I didn't dismiss for a long time, an empty sitenotice looks so weird. There's a [dismiss] button that pushes the pagename slightly down, and pushes in the underline on the right side. Edit: Wording looks fine to me. --BryghtShadow (talk) 09:02, 22 October 2015 (UTC)
Based on the recent patch notes, I believe the bug notice can come down now for the Jade Shards. - Doodleplex 06:43, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
Update for the Path of Fire Preview Weekend?
I think there should be a SiteNotice inviting players to edit or contribute content to the wiki. FelixOmni agrees and proposed the following:
We welcome all players to contribute information to the wiki during the demo period! If you're not comfortable editing articles directly, please use the 'Leave article feedback' button to record your info and a more experienced editor will add it to the article."