Item nomenclature refers to a standardized set of words to describe common traits among items. For example, the word "Hearty" means toughness and vitality bonuses, and applies to any item type.
An item's prefix is determined when it is created and cannot be changed; for crafted items, it is based on the activator used to produce the item. Some unique items don't display normal prefixes, but follow the same patterns for their attributes.
An item's suffix is determined by its current upgrade component, which can be replaced. Gemstones, jewels, and "generic" upgrade components (marks, talismans, seals, medallions, and crests) generate suffixes that generally follow the same naming conventions and attribute distributions as the prefixes. Runes and sigils follow their own rules, which are not discussed on this page.
Items with the following affixes provide a bonus to a single attribute. Single attribute items are available up to level 20 (with two exceptions, see below).
|Power||Mighty||of Might||Garnet Pebble|
|Precision||Precise||of Precision||Tiger's Eye Pebble|
|of Resilience||Malachite Pebble|
|Vitality||Vital||of Vitality||Turquoise Pebble|
|Condition Damage||Malign||of Festering||Amber Pebble|
|Condition Duration||Giver's (weapon)||-||-|
|Healing Power||Healing||of Compassion||Pearl|
|Magic Find||-|| of Winter
| Adorned Snowflake |
- ^ a b c d e f Tier 1 gemstones and their adorned versions both offer single attribute bonuses.
- ^ There are two pieces of level 45 equipment that use this prefix: Precise Amulet and Precise Ring.
- ^ This suffix is used by both doubloons and sigils of luck.
- ^ Only the filigreed tier 1 snowflakes (Adorned Snowflakes) provide an attribute bonus. Tiny Snowflakes do not.
- ^ All doubloons (copper, silver, gold and platinum) offer a bonus to Magic Find.
Items with the following affixes provide a bonus to 2 attributes. Dual attribute items become available starting at level 21.
|Power||Critical Damage||Honed||of Honing||Peridot|
|Power||Condition Damage||Potent||of Potency||Talisman of Potency|
|Power||Magic Find||Pillaging||of Pillaging||Sunstone|
|Precision||Critical Damage||Penetrating||of Penetration||Talisman of Penetration|
|Toughness||Precision||Stout||of the Stout||Talisman of the Stout|
|Toughness||Healing Power||Giver's (armor)||-||-|
|Condition Damage||Precision||Ravaging||of Ravaging||Topaz|
|Condition Damage||Vitality||Lingering||of Lingering||Talisman of Lingering|
|Condition Duration||Vitality||Giver's (weapon)|
|Healing Power||Power||Rejuvenating||of Rejuvenation||Spinel|
|Healing Power||Vitality||Mending||of Mending||Talisman of Mending|
|Magic Find||Healing Power||-||of Winter||Snowflake|
- ^ a b c d e f g This includes the tier 2 and tier 3 gemstones, as well as the upgraded versions (intricate tier 2 and gilded tier 3).
- ^ a b c d e While only talismans are listed here, there also exist marks with identical attribute spreads.
- ^ Only the filigreed tier 2 and 3 snowflakes (Intricate Snowflakes and Gilded Snowflakes, respectively) provide attribute bonuses. Delicate Snowflakes and Glittering Snowflakes do not.
Items with the affixes below provide a bonus to three attributes (with one exception, see below). Triple attribute items become available at as low as level 50. Please note that this information in this table only applies to PvE equipment. (Refer to PvP equipment for the PvP amulet affixes).
For information on acquiring top tier equipment with a specific prefix, see equipment acquisition by stats and the related [[:Category:Lists of top tier equipment|list of top tier items]].
- ^ A "major" bonus is 40% bigger than a "minor" bonus for a given equipment type, except for jewels, where the major bonus is 67% bigger.
- ^ a b c d e f This includes the tier 4, tier 5 and tier 6 gemstones, as well as the upgraded versions (ornate tier 4, brilliant tier 5 and exquisite tier 6).
- ^ Invader's Armor from World vs World offers stats identical to Soldier's gear.
- ^ a b c d e While only crests are listed here, there also exist medallions and seals with identical attribute spreads.
- ^ Azurite is only available in tier 5 and tier 6 (Azurite Crystals and Azurite Orbs, respectively). Both the gemstones and their filigreed versions (Brilliant Azurite Jewel and Exquisite Azurite Jewel, tiers 5 and 6, respectively) are usable as upgrade component.
- ^ Only the filigreed tier 4, 5 and 6 snowflakes (Ornate Snowflakes, Brilliant Snowflakes, and Exquisite Snowflakes respectively) provide attribute bonuses. Unique Snowflakes, Pristine Snowflakes and Flawless Snowflakes do not.
- ^ Jewelry with Apothecary's stats can be crafted using Passion Flowers and gets the prefix "Passiflora".
- ^ The Crest of the Traveler adds the suffix "of the Traveler", but has attributes corresponding to the Explorer suffix.
- ^ The "small" bonus is 5/8 the size of a "minor" bonus for numerical attributes (critical damage is larger)
- ^ Crafted celestial jewelry has the prefix of "Charged Quartz", but it still grants Celestial stats.