From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- With norn characters (and some more currently unknown conditions)
- Looking good, <Character name>. I heard you shamed all the other hunters at the Great Hunt. My gold was on you, I can tell you.
You bet on me?
- Sure as Wolf's teeth are sharp, I did. And I won a good heft of weight for my pouch. I owe you my thanks. One of these days, I'll find a way to pay you back.
- Enjoy your winnings.
- That's nice.
- With norn characters (finished part one of the norn specific storyline)
- You realized that the Sons of Svanir have their sights on you. What a victory if they could turn you to their cause.
Over my dead body.
- (laugh) With the corruption, they may take your dead body as a consolation prize.
- You have a point. Farewell.
- With characters from other races
- I assume you've been warned about the Sons of Svanir. They blend far too well among more trustworthy hunters.
I've heard of them. Are they really that dangerous?
- Not if you stay in Hoelbrak. But if you wander beyond the protection here, you're risking your life. The Svanir attack travelers on the roads, especially strangers.
- I'll take your warning to heart. Thank you.
- With characters from the Order of Whispers
- I assume you've been warned about the Sons of Svanir. They blend far too well among other hunters. Don't trust the untrustworthy.
I know better then to befriend the unfriendly.
- (laugh) Well said. The Order of Whispers has trained you well. What brings you to Hoelbrak? I heard you've been making waves in the world.
Hoelbrak has much to offer. What's happening in this region?
- Darkness is descending on the Shiverpeaks. We've got dredge rising up from below us, and the dragon's corruption spreading through the valleys. Even the kodan have landed to escape Jormag's minions.
Who are the kodan?
- They came from the far north, where they live on great floating ice citadels. They are favored by Bear and resemble her in body and in wisdom.
It's the same everywhere, then.
- That's the news I'm hearing from other agents who come through here. Nowhere is safe anymore.
- Then we'll just have to fight harder. Farewell.
- I see. Interesting.
- I'd better get back to it then. Farewell.
- News travels fast. So do I. Farewell.
- Okay, Tarkad. I'm going now.