Talk:Fractals of the Mists
- 1 Daily Fractal Levels
- 2 Experimental Teleportation Gun
- 3 Swampland Fractal boss
- 4 AR
- 5 Invalidate parts of this article?
- 6 Scale 100 Aetherblade
- 7 New daily achievemnts
- 8 Bloomhunger/Mossman on scale 2
- 9 "Casual 1-20 and Core 21-50" vs "4 x 25"
- 10 Item Drops
- 11 Feedback 2015/11/09
- 12 Fractal rewards
- 13 Fractal rewards and levels
- 14 Mistlock Instabilities
- 15 Feedback 2017/01/11
- 16 Feedback 2017/02/13
- 17 Fractal Potions
- 18 How do you check your account's personal reward level without having to go into Mistlock Observatory?
- 19 If you just reached Personal Reward Level 100 by completing Fractal 99, will then completing Fractal 100 do anything to improve your future rewards?
- 20 What exactly has a chance of dropping ascended armor boxes in Fractals?
- 21 Armor Scaling
- 22 Shattered Observatory CM Day/Night
- 23 Feedback 2018/02/07
Daily Fractal Levels
The daily fractals seem to follow a pattern. The cycle seems to be 2 weeks, I don't where it exactly begins, but it seems to be like:
- 6 / 30
- 8 / 23
- 12 / 27
- 15 / 21
- 17 / 37
- 4 / 25
- 7 / 28
- 10 / 31
- 14 / 22
- 19 / 29
- 5 / 35
- 9 / 24
- 13 / 36
- 16 / 26
I observed this starting from the 11th December.
Experimental Teleportation Gun
The use of the Experimental Teleportation Gun is not permitted while in the fractals (including the Mistlock Observatory), most probably intended to discourage map breaking. I suspect that Experimental Rifles cannot be used as well. Might be worth mentioning? --MageMontu 19:01, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
Swampland Fractal boss
- It might be Mossman when you activate the challenge mode but Bloomhunger for that level otherwise? - 184.108.40.206 00:50, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
Dumb question maybe, but what does the AR column in the fractal levels table actually mean (there doesn't seem to be an explanatory note), also can this info be used to update the Agony page in any way for higher levels? --BramStoker (talk, contribs) 08:50, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
Invalidate parts of this article?
Wouldn't it be more useful to invalidate a big part of this article? I get the feeling half of the info is from before HoT release and the other half is updated. This only makes the article more confusing --220.127.116.11 10:06, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
- The reason why I put those templates on multiple sections, is because that this article is pretty big, and you might not even read the top of the page and go directly to a section (e.g. when directly linked to it). But granted, what I did was just a fast editing and I didn't fully check what was outdated and what was not, I assumed that most of the article was still correct. But this is just my opinion, and I don't know what others might think. Archomeda (talk) 13:05, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
Scale 100 Aetherblade
Not sure how you guys want to list this, but after getting Mai Trin to 25% three elite mobs (her 'crew') spawn and Mai resets health. You then have to kill the elites and burn Mai to zero, but cannon phases no longer trigger. 18.104.22.168 04:41, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
New daily achievemnts
It need to be updated. It is now "Additionally, we’ve simplified the current system of daily reward chests into a system of new daily fractal achievements that have been separated into three distinct difficulty ranges: 1–20, 21–50, and 51 and above" source --Billaboong (talk) 18:55, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
- On 2 November 2015 (UTC), the dailies were Adept, Journeyman, 15, 21, and 31. Forgot to check which required mastery. --BryghtShadow (talk) 23:17, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Bloomhunger/Mossman on scale 2
FFS can people stop changing it back and forth - it's not set either way. If it was only Bloomhunger, no one would have the healing challenge achievement trophy as it requires a 1-20 Mossman and scale 2 is the only swampland. Just leave it blank. It's not just Bloomhunger, and it's not just Mossman. Who said it had to be set? Chillman (talk) 04:53, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- Woa chill, man. Nobody is reading the talk pages, obviously. Why don't we put something there to indicate its not one way or the other. I previously put in (Random) so at least there was something there to let others know they didn't need to come in and change it. It's gone now, guess that's the nature of wiki. We should put SOMETHING there, and (Random Path) is as good as any. ~Mervil 07:17, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- lol :P I saw that "(random)" edit but someone removed even that, and replaced it with Bloomhunger! It's just it keeps going back and forth and I've had to explain to people in game over and over how to get that achievement trophy because "the wiki says scale 2 is bloomhunger and I need a 1-20" Alright, I guess what we've got now is good enough :) you watch though - someone's going to change it back :P
- Chillman (talk) 09:38, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- The patch notes are who said it "had" to be set ("Fractals with randomly split routes are now consistent based on the current fractal scale."). As I said in a previous section, my working theory is that it's Bloomhunger unless the challenge mote is activated, in which case it switches over to Mossman. If that's the case, "random" would also be inaccurate as well. I would suggest "varies" with a footnote. - Tanetris (talk) 09:29, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
"Casual 1-20 and Core 21-50" vs "4 x 25"
I propose a compromise between having each column contain 25 rows and having each column represent the category (casual, core, veteran, master). Have 4 tables of 25 rows, with a note that casual is 1-20, core is 21-50, veteran is 51-75 and master is 76-100. It's not like the 4 columns currently fit a 1366 monitor anyway... ): --BryghtShadow (talk) 16:57, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
Can we figure out at what level Vials Globs and Shards drop?
- At least in 1-10, my best guess is that they changed the drops also according the current ranks 1-20 for vials, 21-50 for globs and 51+ for shards ~ Tiavor (talk) 08:01, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- I have Vials drop at lvl 28. Hekela (talk) 10:17, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
67 rewards 16 fractal relics, for confirmation in the relic table. Source:Just did it. --22.214.171.124 02:14, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Format: scale / #relics / #encryptions / #infusions
With chest mastery:
- 2 / 5 / 1 / 4
- 15 / / 3 / 6
- 56 / 15 / 3 / 10
- 60 / 15 / 4 / 7+6
- 67 / 16
- 77 / 17 / 4 / 6+3
Fractal rewards and levels
There's a mention on the page that "Rewards, including bonus ones, are determined by your personal reward level. For example, a character whose personal reward level is 8 but completes a fractal at difficulty scale 12 will have no chance to receive rings or weapons."
I can confirm this is false. My level last night was 11 and I've gotten Druid's Band 2 days ago. I've done at least 2-3 fractals above level 11 between the time it dropped and last night, putting me at a max personal level of 9 at the time it dropped (though 7 or 8 are also likely). Arnor (talk) 10:06, 12 August 2016 (UTC)
So now the mistlock instabilities are not following any specific patterns, each level (or small set of 5 levels) has its own instability. Listing out in a separate table probably won't do. I am suggesting to put the instabilities in the 4x25 level tables. like in User:Xenoril/Fractal. But it looks quite bad. Any ideas? Xenoril (talk) 02:52, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
could the information on the location chart also be included on the articles for specific fractals, like swamp is night time at level 2,3,4 --126.96.36.199 04:14, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
please update the fractals schedule it has changed ever since February 8th update. --188.8.131.52 20:11, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- We know that, that's why there's a tag there saying it needs to be updated. However removing it completely is seen as vandalism, so if you can't fix it, leave it alone, or just leave a comment on the page like this one. - Doodleplex 20:14, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- I've been working on a fancy version of the daily schedule on my user page, which highlights the current set. I'm currently waiting out the full schedule to fill it. If you have suggestions about it, please let me know on my user page, I'm new to most MediaWiki stuff. Mrlemon (talk) 18:06, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Someone bring back the old table. Like, right now. The entire thing was correct, there was just one day added to the rotation. No need to throw the entire thing away when it's ALL THE SAME. Some people use this page to get a headstart on the reset dailies. Truhan (talk) 23:19, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Well it looks like something's wrong with anet, because they went back to a 14 day schedule because it skipped day 5. Sythe 00:03, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- I'll take a wild guess, they've assigned it via day of the month (e.g.
(<number of days within month> / 15) rounded up). Thus shorter months won't get full cycles. We could next confirm this on a 31 day month, i.e. March. -Chieftain Alex 00:13, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- I'll take a wild guess, they've assigned it via day of the month (e.g.
How do you check your account's personal reward level without having to go into Mistlock Observatory?
If it isn't possible ingame, can gw2efficiency be used to check for this instead? --184.108.40.206 08:48, 1 May 2017 (UTC)
- Pull up LFG. Expand the Fractals of the Mists section. Hover over any of the 4 scales. In the hover, it'll tell you the personal reward level of not only you, but everyone in your party. - Tanetris (talk) 10:00, 1 May 2017 (UTC)
If you just reached Personal Reward Level 100 by completing Fractal 99, will then completing Fractal 100 do anything to improve your future rewards?
Note: I'm not talking about whether rewards in Fractal 100 are better than those in Fractal 99. --220.127.116.11 01:56, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- Nope, once you're at personal level 100 you're up there for good. The only way this could change would be if anet decides to push fotm levels even further up at a later time. -Darqam 03:43, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
What exactly has a chance of dropping ascended armor boxes in Fractals?
I know the 12 daily "tier" chests have a chance of giving ascended armor boxes.
But what about the 3 daily "recommended" chests?
Also, I notice that people like to do daily 100 CM too (even when Nightmare isn't a daily tier fractal). Does doing so give a chance of getting ascended armor boxes? --18.104.22.168 08:54, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- "Recommended" chests do not drop ascended armor boxes (check "contents" listing for Fractal Expert's Research Chest, Fractal Adept's Research Chest and Fractal Initiate's Research Chest). 100CM fractal may drop ascended drop from final boss (check Nightmare Fractal#Challenge Mode — bonus items). So, in conclusion, ascended armor boxes may drop as final reward from 100CM fractal and daily tier chests. The F. Prince (talk) 13:53, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Armor scaling was removed in the September 20th (Rising Flames) patch. The armor scaling has been erroneously listed on the wiki since then. See also, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6f1dvv/why_fractal_40/dig2mr7/ Entrea Sumatae [Talk] 22:52, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- I may be mistaken, but I recall a later update where toughness was made to scale only until fractal scale 50. 50-100 are all the same toughness, but 1-50 are different. Konig (talk) 01:21, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- That was a previous update (December 15, 2015), actually, which updated toughness from scaling indefinitely to stopping at scale 50+. September 2016 went further on that same route and toughness scaling was removed entirely. Even if I hadn't found those links, though, I'd be inclined to trust a fractal dev when they said less than a day ago that there was no toughness scaling anymore.Entrea Sumatae [Talk] 02:28, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Shattered Observatory CM Day/Night
It's currently unclear if it actually changes to night when activating CM. I'm the person who edited it in& and removed it again. Day/Night foods show both effects when CM is active, not sure about Night Sigil. See Shattered Observatory Talk page. I will remove the note again until it's clear. Lacrisma.1540 (talk) 11:16, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry, I undid your changes before I noticed the update you added to Talk:Shattered Observatory Fractal. I agree with reverting for now. --Idris (talk) 18:50, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
The tables for Daily indicators have the highlighted row off by a day.