I think this needs some clean up. Not all skin consumables that are obtained automatically unlock the skin, only the ones that are bound on acquire to the account/character. Also, not all skins unlock all armour classes' versions for that skin, ie: the island shoulder skin--220.127.116.11 05:57, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
Legendary weapons and precursors
Having never invested the time to buy either, can somebody tell me the answer to the following two questions:
- If you buy a precursor (e.g. Chaos Gun) from the trading post, when you unlock the skin for the precursor, do you unlock the skins for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 earlier precursor weapons too?
- If you buy a legendary (e.g. Quip) from the trading post, when you unlock the skin for the legendary, do you unlock all of the skins for the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 precursor weapons?
Pretty confident (1) is true, not sure about 2. -Chieftain Alex 20:29, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Yes to both. (eg unlocking skin 6240 (Chaos Gun) also unlocks skins 4695 (Lyssa's Gaze), and 6490 (Chaos Gun Experiment). and unlocking skin 4668 (Quip) also unlocks skins 4695, 6490, and 6240.) Content files contain special unlock groups to specify these. MadMaxx (talk) 23:53, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- I believe the only exception is owning the legendaries PRIOR to the precursor crafting introduction. For example I still have 2 legendaries with no skins for the new precursors or earlier crafted version. -Darqam 04:23, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
Mount skins aren't even mentioned in this page and should be. Someone asked the interesting question: "Do the mount skin licenses only apply to the mounts you have unlocked so far?" and the answer was that you can unlock mount skins for mounts that you haven't unlocked yet. --Evilsofa (talk) 20:34, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
Consumable skin items: How do you apply them to weapons your character cannot equip?
The UI seems to require your character to equip the weapon you want to skin over. Due to class or level restrictions, this isn't always possible. Is there another way to apply the skin to the item? --18.104.22.168 21:37, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- If the skin is unlocked, you can simply use the wardrobe system (click on the weapon, then the skin). Most skins should be automatically unlocked once your obtain the "skin item", which eliminates the need to use the item, since you now have it unlocked in the wardrobe. —Ventriloquist 23:43, 16 August 2018 (UTC)