From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- In most of Divinity's Reach
- I wasn't made to have stone beneath my feet. I till the land. I plant and grow and harvest. The centaurs have taken not just my land, but my whole being. I may as well be dead.
- I understand.
- A refugee farmer in The Upper City
- I've been trying for weeks to get the ministry to do something about bandits. They keep promising to send guards, but they never do. I'm going to see the queen. She's our last hope.
- Good luck.
- A second refugee farmer in The Upper City
- It's bad enough my home was attacked by bandits, but then I heard they had connections in the palace. If that's true...I just don't know what to think.
- Yeah, that's rough.
- In Eastern Commons
- This place is a wonder, isn't it? I didn't visit much before we lost the farm, but I'm beginning to find my way around now.
Why did you lose the farm?
- The centaurs destroyed my family's farm out in Queensdale a while back. I still can't find steady work in the city, but at least we all made it here. You gotta hold on to what's important to you, y'know?
- True. Good luck with the job hunt.
- I have to get going myself.
- In Western Commons
- I used to live in Shaemoor, but after the recent centaur attacks-they came all the way into the village-I just didn't feel safe anymore, so I moved here. It's safer, but it doesn't feel like home.
- There's always a price to be paid.
- Conversation with a Shining Blade Guard
- Refugee Farmer: When can we see the queen?
- Shining Blade Guard: Her Majesty is tending to other duties. Please wait here.
- Refugee Farmer: How long must we wait while our homes are robbed blind?
- Shining Blade Guard: The queen is concerned for all her subjects. She'll hear your grievances when she's ready.
- Conversation between two Refugee Farmers
- Refugee Farmer: Our boys will be old men by the time the queen shows herself.
- Refugee Farmer (2): My feet hurt.
- Refugee Farmer: What is she doing while the rest of us are victimized?
- Conversation with an unnamed Citizen
- Refugee Farmer: You know where a girl can get some work?
- Citizen: What can you do?
- Refugee Farmer: Well, I was a farmer... until centaurs trampled my fields and burned my house down.
- Citizen: No farming jobs in the city. Check the quarters- you might get lucky.