Upcoming changes and features
Collaborative Development Initiative
- Primary article: Collaborative Development Initiative
These changes are part of recent or current CDIs. By definition, these are discussions that do not include any release dates or promises that specific content or features will be updated or added. See the official forums for current or previous topics.
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content
- Season 1 of the Living Story available in from the Story Journal 
- World versus World
- Super Adventure Box 
- Each skill slot will have two upgrades 
- Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
- World 3 and World 4.
- Super Adventure Box will be added to the leaderboards.
- There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
- Super Adventure Boxes might be added to the other cities (See Moto for notes).
- 00:00 UTC — Advances login rewards
- 00:00 UTC — Resets daily achievements; certain objects respawn: chests (e.g. from Jumping Puzzles, except for those in World versus World), and event-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow).
- 00:00 UTC — Resets diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths.
- Friday ~18:00 UTC — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday ~01:00 UTC — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Sunday 00:00 UTC — Guild mission rewards reset.
- An expansion, called Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/
- ^ a b https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/matchups/What-will-be-the-new-European-Matches/first#post2173348
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Things-to-improve
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Gaming-references-found-in-the-SAB/1808593