Upcoming changes and features
 Content updates
The following features have been mentioned by ArenaNet staff and are expected to be part of future content updates.
 Announced changes
These changes are intended to be released in the second half of 2013. The legendaries were not released in the second half of 2013 and therefore nothing else is known as of yet - 04/12/2013.
- Professions and balance
- Ascended armor will become available on December 10, 2013 from rare drops and from crafting.
- New legendary weapons.
- New types of legendary equipment (possibly a trinket).
- Some precursors will be obtainable through crafting using a complex assortment of items. (Probably around Christmas time)
- On December 10, 2013 the maximum level of armorsmith, leatherworker and tailor is going to be increased to 500.
- The level cap of the remaining crafting disciplines will be increased to 500.
- New map types.
- It will be possible to gain legendary weapon skins in sPvP.
- Additional rewards and growth will be added to the major competitive sPvP tournaments.
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- New weapon types and expansion of current weapon types to more professions.
- Activities: includes bar brawl, polymock and a shooting range.
- Foes: More variations to creatures. 
- Housing: Guild halls and player housing in their home instance.
- Structured PvP:
- World versus World:
- Dueling: The ability to duel other players in world.
- Super Adventure Box 
- Each skill slot will have two upgrades 
- Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
- World 3 and World 4.
- Super Adventure Box will be added to the leaderboards.
- There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
- Super Adventure Boxes might be added to the other cities (See Moto for notes).
- New regions and dragons, not during 2013.
 Automated changes
- 00:00 UTC — Resets daily achievements; certain objects respawn: chests (e.g. from Jumping Puzzles, except for those in World versus World), and event-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow).
- 00:00 UTC — Resets diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths.
- Tuesday and Saturday (time varies) — Next tournament map rotation.
- Friday ~18:00 UTC — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday ~01:00 UTC — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Sunday 00:00 UTC — Guild mission rewards reset.
- First day of the month 00:00 UTC — Monthly achievements are reset.
- As of May 14th 2013, there are no current plans for an expansion, but the idea has not been ruled out.
- An official smartphone application was planned, but is not currently being developed. 
- ^ Official announcement about plans for 2013 H2
- ^ a b http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/ Guild Wars 2's Colin Johanson outlines big plans and 'course correction' for the game
- ^ , Activities - Games Within the Game
- ^ , Chris Whiteside on the Lost Shores and Beyond
- ^ Martin Kerstein on Player housing, Guild Wars 2 Guru
- ^ Regina Confirms Guild Halls still planned but not currently being worked on, Official forum post
- ^ , Notes from MMORPG.com Interview Livestream with Colin J. New Content Preview
- ^ About lore and mechanics with Eric Flannum: GuildWars.pl Exclusive, GuildWars2.pl
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2
- ^ a b c https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-squad-not-working/page/2#post2234058
- ^ , Jon Peters in BWE
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Things-to-improve
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Gaming-references-found-in-the-SAB/1808593
- ^ Colin Johanson Interview: Looking Ahead
- ^ "...we will do an expansion at one point. But ...we are fully committed to ...Living Story", Martin Kerstein on the Official Forums
- ^ "The information that Martin provided ...hasn’t changed. ", Regina Buenaobra on the Official Forums
- ^ , Official Forums