Upcoming changes and features
Balance changes for 27 Jan
- Might: The power and condition damage provided by this boon have been reduced from 35 per stack to 30.
- Confusion: The effect of condition damage on confusion has been increased by 33% in PvE only. This change does not affect PvP or WvW.
- Superior Sigil of Battle: The amount of might granted from this item has been reduced from 3 stacks to 2 stacks. The duration remains at 20 seconds.
- Major Sigil of Battle: The amount of might granted from this item has been reduced from 2 stacks to 1 stack. The duration remains at 20 seconds.
- Rune of the Nightmare: The duration of fear applied from the sixth piece of this rune has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second. Its recharge has been reduced from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Rune of Scavenging available in PvP
- Superior Sigil of Torment available in PvP
- Sentinel Amulet available in PvP: +650 power, +650 toughness, +932 vitality
- Drake's Breath: Burning applied from this skill has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds per pulse.
- Lightning Whip: The point at which the first and second attacks of Lightning Whip execute have been moved further into the total casting time. The amount of aftercast has been reduced by .2 seconds. To compensate for an increased attack-rate potential, the damage of this skill has been reduced by 10%. When Lightning Whip is used with a Signet of Restoration, the player will only receive healing if the second attack executes.
- Comet: The radius of this skill has been increased from 120 to 180.
- Shatterstone: The casting time of this skill has been reduced by 22%.
- Dust Devil: The velocity of this skill’s projectile has been increased by 66%.
- Shrapnel Grenade: Bleed duration on this skill has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Throw Mine: The proximity trigger for this skill has been increased from a range of 60 to 120. Additionally, the explosion radius has been increased from 180 to 240.
- Launch Personal Battering Ram: This skill now has a 1 second daze.
- Litany of Wrath: The percentage of health returned from this skill has been increased from 20% to 25%. The aftercast of this skill has also been reduced by 0.5 seconds.
- Shield of Judgment: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Shield of Absorption: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Zealot's Fire: The increased cooldown component has been removed.
- Deception: This downed-state skill no longer requires a target in order to cast.
- Phantasmal Mage: The illusionary mage summoned by this skill now applies 4 stacks of confusion instead of 3 with their attack. The duration of the confusion has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds. The illusionary mage’s rate of fire has been reduced by 1 second.
- Confusing Images: The duration of confusion from this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Time Warp: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 210 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Illusion of Life: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 130 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Phantasmal Defender: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Locust Swarm: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Signet of the Locust: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 60 to 40 seconds. Base healing has been increased by 4%, fixing an issue that caused the Bloodthirst trait to grant 25% bonus healing rather than the 20% intended. The bonus from healing power has been increased by 108% base, 100% when traited with Bloodthirst.
- Signet of Undeath: The passive life-force gain of this skill has been increased from 1% to 2%.
- Throw Torch: The projectile travel speed of this skill has been increased by 25%.
- Bonfire: The base area of effect of this skill has been increased from 120 to 180.
- Hunter's Call: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
- Call of the Wild: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 35 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Heal as One: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1.25 seconds to 1 second.
- Blinding Powder: This skill no longer interrupts your own skills.
- Dancing Dagger: The projectile speed from this skill has been increased by 33%.
- Needle Trap: The bleed duration of this skill has been increased from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Shadow Pursuit: The duration of might granted from this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Invigorating Precision: The health gain from this trait on a critical strike has been increased from 8% of damage dealt to 15%.
- Kill Shot: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1.75 seconds to 1.25 seconds.
- Brutal Shot: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
- Arcing Slice: The damage from this skill has been increased by 10%.
- Rush: Adjusted the animation and attack radius of this skill to hit much more consistently.
Collaborative Development Initiative
- Primary article: Collaborative Development Initiative
These changes are part of recent or current CDIs. By definition, these are discussions that do not include any release dates or promises that specific content or features will be updated or added.
- World versus World:
- Structured PvP:
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content:
- New weapon types and expansion of current weapon types to more professions.
- Precursors, and legendaries, including new legendary weapons, new types of legendary equipment (possibly a trinket), and new precursor acquisition methods.
- Character progression, new professions and races. 
- New regions and dragons.
- Season 1 of the Living Story available in from the Story Journal 
- Activities: includes bar brawl, polymock and a shooting range.
- Foes: More variations to creatures. 
- Housing: Guild Halls will be available in Heart of Thorns. Player housing are not currently being worked on. 
- Structured PvP:
- New maps.
- World versus World:
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated.
- Super Adventure Box 
- Each skill slot will have two upgrades 
- Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
- World 3 and World 4.
- Super Adventure Box will be added to the leaderboards.
- There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
- Super Adventure Boxes might be added to the other cities (See Moto for notes).
- 00:00 UTC — Advances login rewards
- 00:00 UTC — Resets daily achievements; certain objects respawn: chests (e.g. from Jumping Puzzles, except for those in World versus World), and event-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow).
- 00:00 UTC — Resets diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths.
- Tuesday and Saturday (time varies) — Next tournament map rotation.
- Friday ~18:00 UTC — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday ~01:00 UTC — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Sunday 00:00 UTC — Guild mission rewards reset.
- An expansion, called Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
- An official smartphone application was originally planned, but the company instead released the official Guild Wars 2 API, allowing players to create their own applications for the game.
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2
- ^ a b https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-squad-not-working/page/2#post2234058
- ^ a b 2014-01-14: You thought that was it for Guild Wars 2?, Colin Johanson for eurogamer.net
- ^ About lore and mechanics with Eric Flannum: GuildWars.pl Exclusive, GuildWars2.pl
- ^ a b http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/ Guild Wars 2's Colin Johanson outlines big plans and 'course correction' for the game
- ^ Official announcement about plans for 2013 H2
- ^ Colin Johanson Interview: Looking Ahead
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/
- ^ , Activities - Games Within the Game
- ^ , Chris Whiteside on the Lost Shores and Beyond
- ^ Martin Kerstein on Player housing, Guild Wars 2 Guru
- ^ Regina Confirms Guild Halls still planned but not currently being worked on, Official forum post
- ^ , Notes from MMORPG.com Interview Livestream with Colin J. New Content Preview
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Things-to-improve
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Gaming-references-found-in-the-SAB/1808593
- ^ , Official Forums