Upcoming changes and features
 Content updates
The following features have been mentioned by ArenaNet staff and are expected to be part of future content updates.
 Announced changes
- New legendary weapons.
- New types of legendary equipment (possibly a trinket).
- New precursor acquisition methods.
- Maguuma Wastes maps.
 Collaborative Development Initiative
- Primary article: Collaborative Development Initiative
These changes are part of recent or current CDIs. They do not include specific details nor release dates.
- World versus World:
- Structured PvP:
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content:
- Activities: includes bar brawl, polymock and a shooting range.
- Foes: More variations to creatures. 
- Housing: Guild halls and player housing are not currently being worked on. 
- Structured PvP:
- New maps.
- World versus World:
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated.
- Super Adventure Box 
- Each skill slot will have two upgrades 
- Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
- World 3 and World 4.
- Super Adventure Box will be added to the leaderboards.
- There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
- Super Adventure Boxes might be added to the other cities (See Moto for notes).
 Automated changes
- 00:00 UTC — Resets daily achievements; certain objects respawn: chests (e.g. from Jumping Puzzles, except for those in World versus World), and event-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow).
- 00:00 UTC — Resets diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths.
- Tuesday and Saturday (time varies) — Next tournament map rotation.
- Friday ~18:00 UTC — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday ~01:00 UTC — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Sunday 00:00 UTC — Guild mission rewards reset.
- First day of the month 00:00 UTC — Monthly achievements are reset.
- As of May 14th 2013, there are no current plans for an expansion, but the idea has not been ruled out. Further, on January 14th, 2014, Colin Johanson repeated that the company had not decided whether to release an expansion or freely integrate new skills, traits, and similar content into the game.
- An official smartphone application was originally planned, but the company instead released the official Guild Wars 2 API, allowing players to create their own applications for the game.
- ^ Official announcement about plans for 2013 H2
- ^ a b http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/ Guild Wars 2's Colin Johanson outlines big plans and 'course correction' for the game
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2
- ^ a b https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-squad-not-working/page/2#post2234058
- ^ a b c 2014-01-14: You thought that was it for Guild Wars 2?, Colin Johanson for eurogamer.net
- ^ About lore and mechanics with Eric Flannum: GuildWars.pl Exclusive, GuildWars2.pl
- ^ Colin Johanson Interview: Looking Ahead
- ^ , Activities - Games Within the Game
- ^ , Chris Whiteside on the Lost Shores and Beyond
- ^ Martin Kerstein on Player housing, Guild Wars 2 Guru
- ^ Regina Confirms Guild Halls still planned but not currently being worked on, Official forum post
- ^ , Notes from MMORPG.com Interview Livestream with Colin J. New Content Preview
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Things-to-improve
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Gaming-references-found-in-the-SAB/1808593
- ^ "...we will do an expansion at one point. But ...we are fully committed to ...Living Story", Martin Kerstein on the Official Forums
- ^ "The information that Martin provided ...hasn’t changed. ", Regina Buenaobra on the Official Forums
- ^ , Official Forums