Upcoming changes and features
 Balance changes
- Removed Signet of the Beastmaster
- Signets affect pets and rangers by default
- Replacing Signet of the Beastmaster is Predator’s Onslaught: 10% additional damage by ranger (5% for pet) on enemies that suffer from movement-impeding conditions. (Cripple, chill, immobilize.)
- Read the Wind: Attack speed increased by 10%
- Strider’s Defense: Increased the chance to block projectiles to 20% from 15%
- Beastmaster traitline Master traits now affect ALL pets, not just particular pet lines
- Longbow → Long Range Shot: Short range (17% damage increase), mid range (7% damage increase), long range (unchanged)
- Longbow → Rapid Fire: Reduced cast time from 5 sec to 2.5 sec
- Longbow → Barrage: Reduced cast time by 0.5 sec
- Greatsword → Power Stab: 10% damage increase
- Greatsword → Maul: Increase number of targets hit from 3 to 5. Increased range from 150 to 220.
- Greatsword → Swoop: Evades on attack portion of the animation
- Greatsword → Counter attack: cast time reduced
- Greatsword → Hilt bash: Stun/daze duration has been increased from 1 sec to 1.5 sec
- Sick ’em → Increased time on reveal to 6 sec
- Entangle: Decreased CD to 60 sec. Decreased duration from 20 sec to 5 sec.
- Axe → Ricochet: Might on hit (including bounces) 3sec
- Axe → Path of Scars: Velocity increased by 20%
- Black Bear and Polar Bear: Strikes but can now be blocked or evaded (so it can work with BM Master traits)
- Power Wrench: Previously delivered crippling blows with your autoattack and your throw wrench ability. This has been folded to the baseline of your toolkit so now you don’t have to equip this trait to maintain that crippling effect. Instead, Power Wrench has been changed to have a 10% damage increase while using the toolkit. Your combo, your pry bar and your thrown wrench abilities will all have the 10% damage increase.
- Always prepared: previously only dropped bandages for your allies to pick up. Now we added oilslicks so when you go down you will drop a protective ring of oil slick that will knock enemies off.
- Elite supplies: This trait no longer grant increased duration while using Elixir X. Instead, you now get 50% extra move speed. Tornado has been changed to a lightning field and now you can launch whirling bolts as it is also a whirlwind combo.
- Accelerate-Packed Turrets: This trait’s knockback distance has been reduced by 50%. Making it go from a 300 range knockback to 150 range. The intention of this trait is to cause disruption among your enemies rather than controlling the area with massive knockbacks.
- Rocket Turret: Explosive rockets – velocity increased and rockets now track your target.
- Flamethrower: Increased damage of the flame jet by 33%. Flame Blast detonate changed to a blast finisher. Air Blast – increased the cast time by 1/4 of a second so it has a more delay to it with more tell through the effects (more windup). Napalm – Now does damage on each tick as well as apply burning.
- Elixir R – Cast time reduced by 1/4 of a second. In addition to refill your endurance you will also remove immobilize.
- Toss Elixir C – Number of conditions affected by this skill increased from 1 to 2 for all allies affected by it. Launch Personal Battering Ram – Damage increased by 20%
- Medkit – Drop Antidote will now remove immobilize if you use it while been immobilized.
- Launch Personal Battering Ram – Damage increased by 20%
- Utility Goggles – Analyze – this ability now 6s of revealed in addition to the vulnerability it applies.
- Glue Shot – Increased the velocity of the projectile by 50%
- AED – We thought this ability was slightly underperforming – will now remove damage conditions when you reach the threshold.
 Content updates
The following features have been mentioned by ArenaNet staff and are expected to be part of future content updates.
 Announced changes
- New legendary weapons.
- New types of legendary equipment (possibly a trinket).
- New precursor acquisition methods.
- Maguuma Wastes maps.
 Collaborative Development Initiative
- Primary article: Collaborative Development Initiative
These changes are part of recent or current CDIs. They do not include specific details nor release dates.
- World versus World:
- Structured PvP:
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content:
- Activities: includes bar brawl, polymock and a shooting range.
- Foes: More variations to creatures. 
- Housing: Guild halls and player housing are not currently being worked on. 
- Structured PvP:
- New maps.
- World versus World:
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated.
- Super Adventure Box 
- Each skill slot will have two upgrades 
- Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
- World 3 and World 4.
- Super Adventure Box will be added to the leaderboards.
- There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
- Super Adventure Boxes might be added to the other cities (See Moto for notes).
 Automated changes
- 00:00 UTC — Resets daily achievements; certain objects respawn: chests (e.g. from Jumping Puzzles, except for those in World versus World), and event-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow).
- 00:00 UTC — Resets diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths.
- Tuesday and Saturday (time varies) — Next tournament map rotation.
- Friday ~18:00 UTC — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday ~01:00 UTC — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Sunday 00:00 UTC — Guild mission rewards reset.
- First day of the month 00:00 UTC — Monthly achievements are reset.
- As of May 14th 2013, there are no current plans for an expansion, but the idea has not been ruled out. Further, on January 14th, 2014, Colin Johanson repeated that the company had not decided whether to release an expansion or freely integrate new skills, traits, and similar content into the game.
- An official smartphone application was originally planned, but the company instead released the official Guild Wars 2 API, allowing players to create their own applications for the game.
- ^ Official announcement about plans for 2013 H2
- ^ a b http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/ Guild Wars 2's Colin Johanson outlines big plans and 'course correction' for the game
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2
- ^ a b https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-squad-not-working/page/2#post2234058
- ^ a b c 2014-01-14: You thought that was it for Guild Wars 2?, Colin Johanson for eurogamer.net
- ^ About lore and mechanics with Eric Flannum: GuildWars.pl Exclusive, GuildWars2.pl
- ^ Colin Johanson Interview: Looking Ahead
- ^ , Activities - Games Within the Game
- ^ , Chris Whiteside on the Lost Shores and Beyond
- ^ Martin Kerstein on Player housing, Guild Wars 2 Guru
- ^ Regina Confirms Guild Halls still planned but not currently being worked on, Official forum post
- ^ , Notes from MMORPG.com Interview Livestream with Colin J. New Content Preview
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Things-to-improve
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab/Gaming-references-found-in-the-SAB/1808593
- ^ "...we will do an expansion at one point. But ...we are fully committed to ...Living Story", Martin Kerstein on the Official Forums
- ^ "The information that Martin provided ...hasn’t changed. ", Regina Buenaobra on the Official Forums
- ^ , Official Forums