The Guild Vault is an inventory storage space available to a guild that has researched the Guild Vault: Stash upgrade with the Guild Initiative Notary. It can be increased to include as many as 250 slots. Guild members can open the vault by speaking to a Guild Banker or Guild Registrar in any city, or by activating a Vault Transport upgrade. In addition, the ability to deposit or withdraw from each section of the vault can be limited by adjusting the permissions of the relevant member ranks.
|Guild vault section||Permission||Deposit limit||Unlock requirements|
|Slots||Coin||Upgrade||Gold cost||Favor cost||Aetherium cost|
|Guild Stash||Stash||50||1000||Guild Vault: Stash||50||1000||0|
|Treasure Trove||Trove||100||1000||Guild Treasure Trove||0||1500||3000|
|Deep Cave||Trove||100||1000||Deep Cave||100||2000||3000|
- Black Lion Researcher: Mistlock Sanctuary (The Mists)
- Bradd: Interdisciplinary Accessium (Rata Sum)
- Culurin: Reckoner's Terrace (The Grove)
- Fjotli: Trade Commons (Hoelbrak)
- Quora: Canton Factorium (Black Citadel)
- Sarleon: Stronghold of Ebonhawke (Fields of Ruin)
- Sear Malstride: Postern Ward (Lion's Arch)
- Sopheria: Dwayna High Road (Divinity's Reach)
- Vault Transport — Summons the Guild Vault to your location for easy access. Must have vault permissions.
- Each section of the vault allows you to write a custom note of up to 74-characters.
- Before the changes to upgrades with the 23-Oct-2015 release of Heart of Thorns expansion, many players created a personal guild in order to use its vault as additional storage. Previously created personal guild vaults operate as before, but any expansion must use the new methodology.
- Players cannot open a guild vault until 72 hours after they have joined, in part to prevent it from being used by gold sellers.
- Account Bound items and Soulbound items may not be placed into the Guild Vault.
- New Accounts are limited by a maximum value of items deposited and withdrawn.
- A log is automatically maintained of all deposits and withdrawals.
- At release, Guild Vaults were tied to a specific world:
- Cross-server guilds had to build vaults separately on each world using influence generated by members whose accounts belong to that world.
- As of the September 2014 Feature Pack, guilds are global and shared regardless of the world you are on. All merits, influence, and vaults were merged and are now shared across worlds.
- ArenaNet cannot replace items or wealth lost from a guild bank.
- This feature is locked for free accounts.