From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the playable musical instrument. For the interactable object, see Lute.
Click to enlarge.
Double-click to change your skill bar, allowing you to play music for all those nearby.
Cannot be used in combat.
— In-game description
|Black Lion Statuette (currently unavailable)||—||—|
- Novelty Selection Box (discontinued)
|Search YouTube for videos related to Musical Lute.|
- It is a musical device with 3 octaves and 8 notes per octave.
|Tempo Unlocked||2||Playing while locked will synchronize your chords to match the beats of other nearby players. Click to synchronize your tempo.|
|Tempo Locked||2||Playing while locked will synchronize your chords to match the beats of other nearby players. Click to unlock and play at your own pace.|
- As of the 1st of June, 2016, update, this instrument has consistent tempo and is now no longer locked into a specific one.
- Can be played while walking.
- At the top of the falls in Auric Basin (~5500 units above Fahautl Grounds) there is a hylek NPC named Nelisqua that wants you to try playing a duet with them using their spare lute. As long as you stay in range, you can continue to play the lute as long as you desire, making the instrument free so long as you stay in the area.
Gem Store history
|Gem Store History|
|Start date||End date||Discount||Notes|
|June 10, 2016||Available||-||
|March 10, 2017||March 11, 2017||40%|
|March 21, 2018||March 22, 2018||40%|
|August 28, 2018||August 30, 2018||50%|
|March 06, 2019||March 07, 2019||50%|
|March 23, 2020||March 24, 2020||50%|