From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Retired Priest of Kormir
- Keep your voice down. If the loyalists or their undead goons catch wind we're recruiting Sunspears, well, I'm sure you understand that's kind of frowned upon in these parts.
I'd like to know more about this legend you spoke of.
- I'll tell you what I know. Of course, my memory's not what it used to be.
What can you tell me about this Awakened Sunspear?
- Elder Priest: Not much to tell, really. He's been there since before my father's father was born.
- Elder Priest: Kind of tradition for the kids of the village to sneak out there to the cave and watch him knock down challengers.
- Elder Priest: He's not like the other Awakened I've met. He was always kind to us kids. Put on a real show.
You said the Sunspear was different than other Awakened. What did you mean? (appears after "What can you tell me about this Awakened Sunspear?")
- Elder Priest: Mind you, this is gossip from 200 years ago... But I heard when he was Awakened, he put up a real fight.
- Elder Priest: Joko and his stooges had to say every order just so, or he'd find a way around it.
- Elder Priest: Most people just give up, accept it. Easy to give in - be a mindless slave...
- Elder Priest: But a few keep a bit more... personality.
- Elder Priest: The Archon at the time, he didn't like this one's personality. So the Archon ordered him to "guard that cave." Forever.
- Elder Priest: Since that's the only order he was given, it's the only one he's bound to. Seems content to brawl the years away...
Tell me more about that coin.
- Elder Priest: What's to say? A Corsair made a bet, lost an heirloom, and died before she could get it back.
- Elder Priest: It's become kind of a family IOU, passed to her kid, and her kid's kid, until it landed in Sayida's hands.
- Elder Priest: The Sly crew is pretty... traditional. They take the old code of honor VERY seriously.
- Elder Priest: If anything can save you from the business end of their sabers, it's that coin. Trust me.
- Let's talk about something different.
- That's all I need to know for now, thank you.
- I'll be leaving, then.