Bruce the Herald
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Bruce the Herald
- The Mad King has returned to Lion's Arch! Beware, mortal, for his reach now extends past your Hallowed Eve!
- (If obtained Mad Memoires XVI: Hallowed Eves)
Thanks for your contribution to my historical documentation.
- Spread the word, historian—impending doom looms around you.
- What else is new?
- (If working on Mad Memorial)
Can you tell me about Mad King Thorn's rule over the Mad Realm?
- (If didn't complete Pumpkin Carving)
- There's no time for idle chatter. The mortal world must know of the Mad King's return! ...But, if you raise awareness by carving pumpkins in the king's likeness, perhaps I can take a short break.
- Carving pumpkins. Got it.
- (If completed Pumpkin Carving)
- Very well, the grim news has been heard for now. Though he is unable to walk Tyria year-round, the Mad King's prison is not unyielding, and the worlds' boundary wanes most on the Hallowed Eve.
So he can only return during that time?
- But—now, brace yourself against my dark tidings, mortal—though he could return for but a day in the past, the Mad King now holds court in Lion's Arch for weeks at a time!
How is that possible?
- His eldritch bonds weaken, his Court delivers tools of escape, and the mortals yearn for his return! One day, the Mad King may be free for an entire month!
- Mad Memoires XVI: Hallowed Eves) Thanks. I'll make a record of your story. (receive
- That sounds just terrible.
- Days, weeks...who's counting?
- I carved all those pumpkins for this trivia?
- It doesn't seem that threatening.
- Wears Lunatic Templar armor.
- Shadow of the Mad King: Mad Memorial — Track down firsthand accounts of Mad King Thorn's afterlife during Halloween, when the Mad Realm draws near. (20)
- In Guild Wars, Bruce the Herald rode a horse, but in Guild Wars 2 he rides a Springer instead.
- This is one of the few members of the Lunatic Court that has a corporeal appearance outside the Mad Realm.