Arrival and Survival
Arrival and Survival
- 1330 AE
- Living World Season 3
- Rata Sum Port Authority
(Ring of Fire)
Click to enlarge
- Journey to the Ring of Fire
- Go to the Rata Sum Port Authority and meet your transportation.
- Board the submarine to the Fire Islands.
- Lay of the Land
- Check in with Vigil First Mate Bilgefire.
- Examine the tracking machine.
- Head up the hill.
- Team Support
- Speak with the person in charge here.
- Locate the scientist who has the tracking device.
- See if the tracker is still working.
|Arrival and Survival||Flashpoint||0|
|Travel to Draconis Mons and investigate the cavern's interior.Story Journal: Arrival and Survival||Secured the Beachhead||0|
At the Rata Sum docks:
- Warmaster Ironlung: Your vessel awaits, Commander; course set for the Ring of Fire others needed to keep evil at bay! Come one, come all!
- Warmaster Ironlung: Taimi's scientist and his equipment arrived before you. You're cleared to board.
Upon arrival at Draconis Mons:
- <Character name> Where are we?
- Scientist Viraddi: We appear to be inside a cavern created by gases during a volcanic eruption. Remarkable! It has a fascinating biome.
- First Mate Bilgefire: Yes, exactly. We dove down to the entrance and have surfaced inside.
- First Mate Bilgefire: I sent a few scouts ahead to get the lay of the land and establish a perimeter.
- <Character name> Perfect. This mist makes it tough to get your bearings. Good thing we have Taimi's tracker on that device.
- Scientist Viraddi: We're in the right place. Balthazar definitely came this way with Taimi's machine and headed up the hill.
When trying to examine the tracking device:
- Scientist Viraddi: What? What's happening? Help! It's got me!
- Scientist Viraddi: Aiiieemmmmfff!
- First Mate Bilgefire: Heads up! Weapons out!
- First Mate Bilgefire: This is bad. Commander... I don't know what to say. He's gone. What the crud?
- Mysterious Voice: Your friend is not gone, only lost. Follow the rising wind.
- <Character name> What? Did you hear that?
- First Mate Bilgefire: No! Absolutely not...unless you did.
- <Character name> I'm heading up the hill! Keep this beach secure.
- First Mate Bilgefire: Aye aye.
Upon reaching the first plateau:
- Mysterious Voice: You are on the right path.
- <Character name> Who's there?
- Mysterious Voice: The wind... The sky... The land... You must hurry.
Talking to the scouting party:
- Lieutenant Mayday: Commander, this place is a disaster that's already happened. We've lost several crewmates.
- <Character name> I'm looking for Taimi's scientist. He has the tracker, and a vine captured him. You seen anything like that?
- Lieutenant Mayday: Try further up the hill. There was a commotion there not long ago.
- Lieutenant Mayday: And watch your back. This cavern has hazards aplenty. In the meantime, we'll maintain the perimeter.
Upon getting closer to Viraddi:
- Mysterious Voice: You are getting nearer.
- Mysterious Voice: Your friend is here. You are near.
Upon finding Viraddi:
- Scientist Viraddi: Commander! Over here! Thank the Alchemy.
- <Character name> Are you okay?
- Scientist Viraddi: I'm shaken to the bone. I barely managed to get away with my life. That vine dragged me through dirt and rock.
- <Character name> All right. You stay here. When you're ready, a Vigil soldier will escort you back to the sub.
- If asura:
- <Character name> Let me see that tracker. I want to double-check its settings.
- <Character name> Can you show me how the tracker works?
- Scientist Viraddi: I'm afraid the tracker may have been irreparably damaged. It's displaying anomalies.
- Scientist Viraddi: I haven't been able to correct it, though I will make the endeavor one more time. Look to see if the light turns green.
After interacting with the tracker:
- Scientist Viraddi: Oh, dear me. I don't know how you're going to find Taimi's device now.
- <Character name> I'll manage. It's Balthazar—I'll just follow the fire.
- Scientist Viraddi: That's the spirit. You'll have NO trouble stopping this godlike being from another realm with just your wits and fists.
- Nettleblaze: Now that you've found him, take your friend and go. Leave this place. You do not belong here.
- If asura:
- <Character name> So, it's you who's been guiding me? Thanks, I suppose. We're here in pursuit of a rogue god.
- <Character name> So, it's you who's been guiding me? Thank you. We're here in pursuit of a rogue god.
- Nettleblaze: The god being, yes. We saw it arrive. We are watching. It's tribe is doing great damage. We will help you all to leave.
- Nettleblaze: You are intruding upon one of nature's purest gardens.
- <Character name> I have to find "the god being." We mean no harm, but Balthazar must be stopped.
- Nettleblaze: The god being, yes... You can make him leave? Then, do not tarry. Your god has gone above the cloud layer to the apex.
- Completing this segment unlocks the Draconis Mons Reward Track for PvP and WvW.