The Bitter Cold (story)
The Bitter Cold
- 1329 AE
- Living World Season 3
- A Crack in the Ice
- The Bitter Cold
Click to enlarge
- Penetrate to the very heart of the bitter cold.
- Find a way to melt the waterfall.
- Hunt Jormag's abomination.
- (Put down the abomination and take a sample for Taimi.)
- Put Down the Abomination.
- Retrieve Taimi's sample.
WalkthroughThaw Elixir is required to enter The Bitter Cold region of the map. Logging out will remove the Cold Resistance effect granted by the Elixir, as does the Daily Reset, so it is important to give yourself enough time to complete the instance before making the elixir.
To enter the story instance you need to break through the frozen waterfall at the Lockflow Ice Fall point of interest. This can only be done using an Unnamed Object on top of a pillar of ice directly in front of the waterfall. To reach it from the entrance to The Bitter Cold:
1. Go under the frozen archway and follow the left-hand wall until it tapers down to a slope.
2. Go up the slope (heading back south towards the entrance).
3. At the top of the slope is a plateau with lots of Icebrood. Be careful not to aggro too many at once as they can do a lot of damage.
4. Turn right and go under another arch made of ice.
5.Follow the path up and right to another plateau.
6. Go to the north west corner of the plateau and look for a small shelf of ice just beyond the edge. Jump onto it.
7. Jump onto a second platform just beyond the first, and then onto a third platform just beyond that. If you fall don't panic - it is possible to stand and even walk on the slope below so it is possible to simply walk up again. If you fall all the way down repeat from step 4.
8. Straight ahead or slightly to your right is a large pillar of ice with a grey object on top (you can't click on it but the cursor changes to a cog wheel when you hover over it). Glide across to this pillar, stand next to the object and use the Interact option. A beam of light will fire at the waterfall and open a path into the cavern beyond.
Enter the large circular cave where the Champion Unstable Abomination sits in the middle. Lure the champ into the groups of Jungle Larva and quickly kill them. Upon death, the larva explode and damage the Abomination. Otherwise, he is immune to all damage. Larva do not respawn and the Abomination will enrage, gaining Quickness, Fury and Might every 10 seconds once every larva has been killed.
You need to keep pets from aggroing on the creature, and do not take minions. They will draw aggro, and it won't follow you around.
|The Bitter Cold||A Crack in the Ice||0|
|Enter the Bitter Cold, and then find and kill the abomination for Taimi's sample.||Completed the Bitter Cold Mission||0|
|Larva Conservationist||A Crack in the Ice||5|
| Defeat the Unstable Abomination while inflicting a minimum of mayhem on the surrounding larvae.
||Defeat the Unstable Abomination with Two or More Larvae Groups Alive||5|
- Approaching the abomination
- <Character name>: That is definitely not a regular icebrood.
- After collecting the sample
- <Character name>: Taimi will be pleased.