The Guild Wars 2 API (application programming interface) is an interface that enables third-party applications to access data directly from the Guild Wars 2 servers. The current version of the API is version 1. For recent changes of the API, see the API changelog.
To discuss the Guild Wars 2 API, or in case of problems or required help, visit the official API development forums.
- Maps: How to use the map resources and the tile service to create maps.
The API version 1 provides the following endpoints:
- events: Returns the current status of events for a specific world.
- event_names: Returns a list of localized event names.
- map_names: Returns a list of localized map names.
- world_names: Returns a list of localized world names.
- event_details: Returns detailed information about events.
- guild_details: Returns detailed information about a guild.
- items: Returns a list of discovered items.
- item_details: Returns detailed information about an item.
- recipes: Returns a list of discovered recipes.
- recipe_details: Returns detailed information about a recipe.
- continents: Returns a list of continents and information about each continent.
- maps: Returns a list of maps in the game.
- map_floor: Returns detailed information about a map floor
World vs. World
- wvw/matches: Returns the currently running WvW matches.
- wvw/match_details: Returns details about a WvW match.
- wvw/objective_names: Returns a list of WvW objective names.
- build: Returns the current build id.
- colors: Returns a list of dyes in the game.
- files: Returns commonly requested assets.
- Tile service: Provides world map tiles to create Guild Wars 2 maps
- Render service: Provides access to in-game assets.
- Additional resources are available as assets.
- Mumble - Open source voice chat software. Guild Wars 2 provides real-time character position, map_id, and other information via Mumble's Link plugin.
List of wrappers
- A list of wrapper libraries that provide high-level access to the API is available here.
List of applications
- A list of applications that use the API is available here.