The Guild Wars 2 API (application programming interface) is an interface that enables third-party applications to access data directly from the Guild Wars 2 servers. The current version of the API is version 1. For recent changes of the API, see the API changelog.
To discuss the Guild Wars 2 API, or in case of problems or required help, visit the official API development forums.
- Maps: How to use the map resources and the tile service to create maps.
Version 2 endpoints
The API version 2 provides the following endpoints:
- commerce/listings: Returns trading post listings
- commerce/exchange: Returns gem exchange prices
- commerce/prices: Returns buy and sell listing information
- quaggans: Returns quaggan icons.
Version 1 endpoints
The API version 1 provides the following endpoints:
- events: Returns the current status of events for a specific world.
- Note: This endpoint is obsolete due to the implementation of Megaserver technology. There are plans to replace it with something that returns data about the rotating world bosses, but nothing specific has been announced.
- event_names: Returns a list of localized event names.
- map_names: Returns a list of localized map names.
- world_names: Returns a list of localized world names.
- event_details: Returns detailed information about events.
- guild_details: Returns detailed information about a guild.
- items: Returns a list of discovered items.
- item_details: Returns detailed information about an item.
- recipes: Returns a list of discovered recipes.
- recipe_details: Returns detailed information about a recipe.
- skins: Returns a list of skins.
- skin_details: Returns detailed information about a skin.
- continents: Returns a list of continents and information about each continent.
- maps: Returns a list of maps in the game.
- map_floor: Returns detailed information about a map floor
World vs. World
- wvw/matches: Returns the currently running WvW matches.
- wvw/match_details: Returns details about a WvW match.
- wvw/objective_names: Returns a list of WvW objective names.
- build: Returns the current build id.
- colors: Returns a list of dyes in the game.
- files: Returns commonly requested assets.
- Tile service: Provides world map tiles to create Guild Wars 2 maps
- Render service: Provides access to in-game assets.
- Additional resources are available as assets.
- Mumble - Open source voice chat software. Guild Wars 2 provides real-time character position, map_id, and other information via Mumble's Link plugin.
List of wrappers
- A list of wrapper libraries that provide high-level access to the API is available here.
List of applications
- A list of applications that use the API is available here.