From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Update - February 10, 2015
New Features and Content: Lunar New Year
- The Lunar New Year bonus event is now running!
- Play in the revamped Dragon Ball Arena, try to get your Lucky Great Ram Lantern backpack, and join us in welcoming the Year of the Ram.
- Share and trade lucky envelopes with your friends.
- Divine Lucky Envelopes can be purchased from Phaedra in the Crown Pavilion and traded on the Trading Post. Purchases are limited per day, with additional purchases available to Dragon Ball Champions.
- Homemade Lucky Envelopes can be earned from daily achievements and can be traded on the Trading Post.
- Little Lucky Envelopes can be earned from Lunar New Year achievements.
- The rewards in these envelopes are affected by account magic find.
- Envelope rewards include:
- Essences of luck
- Valuable trophies
- New food items with a bonus to magic find during Lunar New Year and additional stat increases depending on the food
- Fireworks with a range of visual effects
- These fireworks also provide a bonus to experience from all sources (except consumable items) during the event
- These fireworks cannot be used in WvW
- Two new backpacks with unique skins—the Lucky Ram Lantern and the Lucky Great Ram Lantern.
- The Mystic Forge has been updated with a new recipe to convert Lucky Ram Lanterns into Lucky Great Ram Lanterns.
- Dragon Ball has returned with new achievements and special rewards available only during the Lunar New Year event. To compete, see Finolla in the Queen's Pavilion.
- Players will receive a bonus of an additional 15% magic find during the event. This stacks with luck, food, and other bonus magic-find sources.
- World vs. World siege skins have been temporarily changed in celebration of the Lunar New Year.
- Costume Brawl toys can no longer be used inside themed activities such as Toypocalypse or Dragon Ball Arena.
Balance, Bug-Fixing, Polish
- Arcing Slice: Skill facts have been updated to reflect the recent 10% damage increase.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
New Items and Promotions
- The new Crimson Lion weapon set is available from Black Lion Weapons Specialists for the limited-time price of one Black Lion Claim Ticket. Tickets and ticket scraps can be found in Black Lion Chests. Keys are available in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
- Every Black Lion Chest opened within the next two weeks will include a bonus Personalized Homemade Lucky Envelope.
- The new Imperial Outfit is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
- The new Red Envelope Mail Carrier is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Dragon Mask Skin added to the Gem Store
- Build: 44,986