Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
- Splintered Coast
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Danger at Fabled Djannor
The event begins with Tequatl the Sunless flying out of the water, eventually landing in front of the player and beginning combat. Though considered one of the smaller dragons, Tequatl is not alone and the fight occurs with dangerous minions summoned to attack the players as well. Players themselves have access to hylek and asura turrets, and are accompanied as well by the formidable Asura Mega Laser.
- Tequatl has several means of defending against hostile attacks:
- An area fear skill that sends foes running away.
- Tequatl's Fingers that rise from the ground to attack those nearby.
- Sizable bone walls that can block attacks aimed against him.
- Bloated creepers, which are undead allies that possess a poisonous self-detonation.
- Players can support direct attackers through several ways:
- Destroying Tequatl's minions, such as the Fingers, bone walls, and bloated.
- Defending the Asura Mega Laser while it charges its attack.
- On a successful hit, Tequatl will be stunned and his head will be vulnerable, allowing players to deal roughly twice the normal amount of damage to him.
- Manning an Asura Lightning Turret or Hylek Fire Turret.
- Protecting turret repair crews.
- The values in this table were calculated automatically from the event's level. Help us improve this template by reporting any incorrect numbers at this page.
On event start.
- Slupsloop: "There's something in the water. Help!"
- Diancecht: "Look, in the water!"
- Utoctacel: "Brothers! Sisters! Ready yourselves! Tequatl is here!"
- Diancecht: "Back to the turrets! Now!"
When undead spawn.
- Cotatl: "On the right. Undead. Cut them down!"
- Dyandan: "It has reinforcements. Slay them!"
When Tequatl's Fingers spawn.
- Utoctacel: "It's dropping something from its wings. Look out!"
Before Tequatl's fear skill.
- Quaztocel: "Get back. It's about to breathe. Stay out of its way!"
When the barriers spawn.
- Cotatl: "Tequatl's hiding behind barriers. Smash them!"
- Quaztocel: "Watch for the tangling vines coming out of the ground!"
- Quaztocel: "The water is still. The land is ours."
- Utoctacel: "Victory comes with a cost. So many dead."
- Cotatl: "We shall sing their songs to our spawn who will be born here."
- Quaztocel: "Yes. A fine home, for all hylek. Spread the word, all tribes are welcome here."
- When the event is completed successfully a Dragon Chest spawns.
- Despite being part of the Danger at Fabled Djannor's dynamic events, Tequatl can spawn while the other events are active.
- There are no pre-events for Tequatl to spawn
- It respawns every 3 hours, the timing of which is reset after a game update. 
- Tequatl's fear skill will occasionally send you inside a segment of the bone wall and you cannot walk out. To escape, target the bone wall and destroy that segment of the wall.