- This article is about the previous transmutation system. For for the new system, see Wardrobe.
Transmutation was a system that allowed players to customize the appearance of their equipment, both weapons and armor. Using Transmutation Charges, players could combine two items of the same type, creating a single item with the appearance of one item and the statistics of the other. Transmuted items had to be of the same weapon/armor type.
- Open the Hero Panel, click on the wardrobe tab and then click on the equipment item you wish to transmute.
- A separate panel on the left will open, displaying all of the unlocked skins from the Account Wardrobe that fit into the selected slot.
- When selecting a skin, a pop-up will appear showing how many Transmutation Crystals are needed to make the desired change.
- After clicking "Accept," the equipment item will have the previously equipped stats and display the new, transmuted skin.
- Skins can be unlocked by acquiring them in the character inventory. Once they have been in a character's inventory, it will be unlocked in the wardrobe.
- Transmuted legendary precursors will not be recognized as such in the Mystic Forge. This means they cannot be used to create a legendary weapon.
- The resulting item rarity of a transmuted item will be "transmuted."
- Currently, amulets and jewelry cannot be transmuted.
- The transmutation system received an overhaul in the April 15 update and was replaced with the Wardrobe.