Talk:Super Adventure Box/Archive 1
It is possible to enter solo or with a friend or full party of 5. Once inside and through first gate you can turn around and go the the cloud near the ground and choose Infantile Mode which is supposed to make things easier. Also one of the buildings here has an open door and allows you to select which of the 3 worlds you wish to play on. Oh and also gives Baby's first adventure achievement but does not advance your actual progress made without using Infantile Mode. At the end of the World 1 you face a toad king which drops a vessel which increases you health. Lady Elyssa 01:55, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Infantile defintely makes thing easier. It provides walkways across areas you would otherwise have to navigate by making successful jumps. Puk 04:43, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- There is an angry/crying cloud atop the tree next to the Infantile Mode cloud. It doesn't do anything at the moment but I feel this cloud will later allow for a "Hard Mode." -- Fey 09:35, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- 1 where are the shops ?
- 2 Trivia
- 3 The language
- 4 New Mini-Pets?
- 5 Possible table insert
- 6 Note
- 7 Bauble Bag
- 8 Dig locations
- 9 Unlocking Hearts
- 10 Book Shelve Titles
- 11 Skills
- 12 Super Coin Vending Machine
- 13 XP gain
- 14 Skills/Tools COST?
- 15 rare skin from chest revert war
- 16 Bauble Bubble
- 17 Only during April?
- 18 Wazzup
- 19 Splitting the release from the dungeon
- 20 Wooden Whistle
- 21 Chain Sticks
- 22 Items
- 23 When will SAB be back?
where are the shops ?
- Baubles are used for purchasing items in shops.--Relyk ~ talk > 14:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- You can't purchase baubles in shops, you can trade in them baubles for other useful goods. Shops look like a wooden door, you can go in and there's a shopkeeper and some goods. You can purchase that items by interacting with them. MalGalad 18:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
The platforming type of game is a reference to the Mario game series, originating with the first Donkey Kong game.
Zelda References: -Three hearts to begin the game -the quote "Here take this POINTY STICK its dangerous to go alone is reference to the original Zelda game in which the old man has the same quote but gives you a sword -The shops mid match are from the original Zelda game
Both game references are in tribute to the 8-bit style of the dungeon. (Bauron 14:51, 1 April 2013 (UTC))
- The frog boss also may be a reference to the bomb-lizards in zelda. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
I may be off here, but when Princess Miya is kidnapped at the beginning of World 1, doesn't it seem to play out less like a reference to Mario and more like an exact replica of the Ghosts 'n Goblins games? Azure Fang (talk) 14:04, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
The text in the super adventure box corresponds one to one with English letters, so I suggest deciphering it for extra fun. ~Dright --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- I thought it was New Krytan--Relyk ~ talk > 18:36, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Also, there's no need to "decipher", it's english (or whatever language your client use) equivalent is duplicating in the common chat. MalGalad 18:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
What about the 8-bit looking new Mini-Pets that have appeared in the Mini-Pet collectibles tab in the bank? I see no mention of this.Cinnamongod 19:44, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- They are purchased at the Gem Store, which may not be updated yet.--Relyk ~ talk > 19:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
Possible table insert
For easier access to the other Zones in the individual articles pages, I was thinking we could add the table:
|World||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Bonus Zone|
|World 1||Sunny Glade||Dark Woods||Kingdom of Fungus||Mine Cart|
To the bottom of each zone page for easier navigation. Thoughts? Didn't want to just add these to the pages before further clarification on the matter. Funkadacious 19:50, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe add a title box "Super Adventure Box" and then have it link back to the main page if this is to be added to the other sub pages.-- Fey 19:58, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
"Note - End Zone Chests may be repeatedly opened after entering an entirely new instance for faster outcome of Bauble Bubbles and a possibility of a Skin drop as opposed to farming Explorable areas across Tyria for stacks of Baubles in order to get Bauble Bubbles one at a time. "
Is this sure-fire? I completed TSAB today and upon going again, I didn't get the "glorious" chest within the boss chest in zone 1 or 2. Could this be a once a day chest? -- Magic Talk 20:51, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Ditto. My experiences and thoughts exactly. Rypofalem 21:03, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's no longer possible to get baubles outside of SAB, and the chests and dig spots are now once per day per account. However, you can still get Continue Coins from explorable area chests. SarielV 20:25, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Well, what's the source of this info? I doubt nobody found the secret shop yet, and there's no such good in any of the "normal" (or at least I didn't find it). The game propose to trade 250 baubles for bubble bauble... MalGalad 22:05, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- From my understanding, it's a secret shop. Vahkris 23:04, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Nvm. Found on dulfy. MalGalad 01:13, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
I've found one "stable" thus far. Any other locations? Probably should be moved to the main page when proper details are added. MalGalad 23:50, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Rather put the dig sites on each individual area.--Relyk ~ talk > 10:39, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
I've run the whole thing, from beginning to end, twice now on one of my characters -- once in a group on infantile, and once solo on normal. On the first infantile run, I unlocked 1 heart(after frog boss, I believe?). On the normal run though, I did not. Not sure if I forgot to collect something? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Verity (talk • contribs) at 10:22, 2 April 2013 (UTC).
- You gain a Heart Vessel the first time you complete the world. We will likely get a Heart Vessel for each additional world completed as they get released.--Relyk ~ talk > 10:40, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, that makes it clearer. My confusion came from the section on hearts from this page, where it states you get one for beating the boss of the world. The term world threw me -- I forgot that world refers to the three zones. --Verity 10:46, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Book Shelve Titles
I was board so I started decoding the book titles from New Krytan. The green one mentions a Genie, duno if that is a hint at what one of the other 3 worlds bosses maybe or what.
- Orange: "Princess Miya Is Not Moto"
- Blue: "Why Moto Is Great"
- Green: "Avoid The Genie!"
-- Fey 11:30, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- The opened book on the table reads "As you can see they are totally different people. This is clearly not Moto in a wig and dress." --zeeZ (talk) 12:10, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Okay, so I have descriptions for multiple skills, and icons, but there's a problem for me. The skills share names with other existing skills, and I don't quite know how to make them unique yet while still only showing the skill name. They also are not profession-based, so not sure what to do there. If someone could change the links to be unique to SAB, I could start populating that. Vahkris 13:30, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- You can make links like
[[Dig (Super Adventure Box)|Dig]]and it will show like Dig. MalGalad 13:47, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
For clarification, the reason behind having multiple table entries for similarly named skills (healing potion and dig, for example) is that either the in-game description, icon, activation, recharge or any combination thereof are different. If anyone can think of a more elegant formatting method (chain=chain does not look right when there are legitimate chain skills already on the table), please feel free to reformat the entries; thus far this is the only method that makes sense to me. Azure Fang (talk) 13:42, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
Super Coin Vending Machine
SAB always starts you with a coin in hand now. The Vending Machine is no longer animated and no longer functions. :( -- Fey 04:04, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- I had to use the vending machine earlier. I think I left the instance first, before starting, to get continue coins from bank. When I returned, needed to get the coin from the vending machine. 184.108.40.206 04:50, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- It seems that most of the time, I spawn with a coin, but sometimes I don't. I don't have any guesses as to what is causing it, though. —Dr Ishmael 05:05, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I change characters and now I had to take a coin from the machine.-- Fey 05:10, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- Well... IMO: if you left the dungeon with 0 lives, or it's your first run with this character, the Vending Machine works. If you had 1 or more lives left, when you left the dungeon, you will have a coin in your hands. MalGalad 07:32, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- Nope, no exp points gain. I have tried on both high level as well as low levels. Only thing that seems to work (regular game mechanic wise) is Necromancer's Death Shroud bar is filled by the pixelated mobs. 220.127.116.11 16:05, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- We'll create a separate table for all the items you can purchase in the shop and which zones the item is available.--Relyk ~ talk > 12:11, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
rare skin from chest revert war
I can confirm that it is every zone chest, not just the world boss chest. I've been farming bubbles in zones 1 and 2, and I got a rare skin a couple days ago. —Dr Ishmael 12:30, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
- That's cool. Thanks for the clarification. :) --Combatter 12:46, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
- Isn't this a refrence to the game "Bubble Bobble" ? - 18.104.22.168 17:58, 15 April 2013 (UTC) M
- The reference is noted on those tokens' page: Bauble_Bubble. Vahkris 18:19, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
- After going over the main page and discusion page three times, I made this note. Then found it on the Bauble Bubble page itself right after. I tried deleting the post, but it wouldn't let me. So please, by all means, can someone delete this for me. 22.214.171.124 10:04, 18 April 2013 (UTC) M
- The reference is noted on those tokens' page: Bauble_Bubble. Vahkris 18:19, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
Only during April?
ANet page at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/now-open-super-adventure-box/ says: "this brand-new content is available for the entire month of April!" Does that mean only during April?
- Yes, this is only available during April and will be removed afterwards. It will be back later with more worlds though. Vahkris 16:06, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
The link does say "entire month of April" which was apparently not true as it closed April 30.
Splitting the release from the dungeon
I know that the release didn't contain anything else than the World 1, Rapids, infantile and normal mode and some of the SAB weapon skins, but with Back to School coming up, I think we should finally split the Super Adventure Box release off from this page and leave it for the dungeon only. 14:04, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Done, added a section to track what content the releases add to the game.--Relyk ~ talk < 14:58, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
While I've added the notes played by the whistle, their icons are associated with the core game equivalent. Will new pages have to be created for identical skills to correct icons when they're uploaded, or can the table support custom image calls for the icons? Azure Fang (talk) 12:45, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
- Redact that. The notes actually have durations as opposed to their core game counterparts and Mi, if the wiki is correct about the core instrument version, is phonetically and traditionally spelled correctly. Azure Fang (talk) 13:07, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
400 baubles, world 2 zone 2, in a hidden shop. Could not afford, look like nunchucks, was told they replaced the first weapon skill 126.96.36.199 23:44, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
- Just got them myself. Yes, it completely replaces the stick, similar to the Nice Scoop and the Torch for the Digger and Candle respectively. The skill facts do not have full information, but it's a 3-hit chain like the stick. Chain speed is noticeably faster, and the third hit occasionally does 50 damage instead of 25. The "occasionally" could be due to remaining health cutoff; haven't tested against larger critters like the Queen Bee Dog. Azure Fang (talk) 11:38, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
Where in the world can you buy 50 baubles (purple bauble) for 25? Are the table entries for baubles you can buy a historical bug, one-offs, or someone having a little wiki-style fun with data entry? Azure Fang (talk) 13:49, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- If I remember correctly, there's a secret shop under the carpet in one of the shops in... 1-3? where you can do that. Pie Formation (talk) 14:03, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
When will SAB be back?
Has there been any news regarding when the SAB will next be available?
- No, and this type of question is better asked on forums/reddit. —Dr Ishmael 14:55, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- Colins recent response about when SAB will be available again: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5. —188.8.131.52 10:10, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- As of April 1st, 2016, SAB is now a yearly festival, lasting until April 19th: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-super-adventure-festival/ —Katalina Wulfenbach 9:12, 2 April 2016 (Central Daylights Savings Time)