Gorseval the Multifarious is not really a Mordrem, is he now? I know he look like one- but he is clearly some kind of abomination made out of the souls of many humans. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Farnes (talk • contribs).
- I dunno. I saw that while formatting and thought it was odd it was a mordrem. It doesn't look like one either, and the lore told in one of the Guild Chats is that it is formed from souls (not necessarily human souls though). But that doesn't mean they mechanically set its type to 'mordrem'. Konig 13:14, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Squad Leader Falgeir dialogue
- I guess I was just really tired transcribing it after spending hours and hours raiding and thought the two lines were different. He actually has more variations than that. I'll get around to putting the rest of the dialogue up sometime...Seylan (talk) 14:24, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
- Falgeir speaks more than two lines, so the current documentation confuses the hell out of me. If he has several combinations, we might need to first collect his dialogues and then see, how to document it. Thats's why I will add the lines I captured just here into the discussion page:
- Squad Leader Falgeir: Bandits attacked our platoon, inflicted heavy casualties on us. They captured one of our squads and went that way.
- Squad Leader Falgeir: Sabetha is ruthless. Her guardian will destroy your entire squad if you're note careful. Stay Alert!
- Squad Leader Falgeir: Before you ask me, no, I'm not the missing recon squad leader. Nothing's ever easy, right?
- Squad Leader Falgeir: Keep your eyes open. We found a few items the bandits left behind. The intel might prove useful.
- Squad Leader Falgeir: Sabetha took the squad that way. You'll need destroy that magic barrier before you can track them through the woods.
- Squad Leader Falgeir: We've got friendlies in the zone. Watch your fire!
- How will this fit into the current documentation of the lines from Falgeir? Balwin (talk) 17:41, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- That "Before you ask me" line is an initial line I've encountered before. The last line you denote is said when you go into the barricades to fight the first guardian and is only said once. He also has both written and spoken dialogue if you talk to him - similar to the S1 recap NPC, Ogden in Hidden Arcana, etc.Konig 02:10, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Vale guardian classification
I recently got around to checking this. It seems like the guardians and VG himself are tagged as elemental (i.e killing them increases elemental slayer achievement). This might just be something for the coding but do we want to switch them from 'Unknown' to 'Elementals'? -Darqam (talk) 15:57, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
- Yes. That and slaying potions are what we use for the race classifications. Konig 17:48, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
Is there a way for that map to update to the live version? It seems to have been stuck showing the Beta version of the raid and has never updated. Any way to do this? -Darqam (talk) 21:37, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
Walkthrough, boss environmental/arena effects
While we've been using the original dungeon format to place the walkthrough for the raid on the main raid page, I think it would be better to split the boss strategies onto their on individual pages (link to Primary Article via template in the walkthrough) as they are far more complex and involved than dungeon bosses. The general walkthrough on the raid page will document the general sequence of events for clearing the while raid including the ones in between bosses (escaping the ghosts in the spirit woods, cemetery, bandit event before Sabetha). It's been brought up on reddit that these inter-boss events aren't well documented anywhere and users would find it helpful to have some walkthrough/guide for these.
For the bosses, I would include a new section for environmental/boss stage effects that aren't part of the boss's person per se but are integral to the fight. E.g., Gorseval updrafts being activated by proximity and lasting 15s before disappearing. Also, to differentiate from external walkthroughs, I think it would be helpful if ours are more generalistic when describing requirements to defeat the bosses, and give suggestions for profession skills to handle different fight mechanics. This would give people ideas/suggestions and depth to accomodate for different class compositions for the raid. Having the boss walkthroughs structured like this will significantly clutter the main raid wing page so I think it would be better to move them to the boss. Also, I think it's more intuitive for people to go to the boss's page rather than the wing for strategies on the boss itself.
PS: Mora, I thought we discussed this but the links to external guides are placeholders until we have complete guides. You could have at least left Sabetha's, and discussed their removal before unilaterally going ahead and removing them. Seylan (talk) 23:50, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- I agree that the detailed guides should have stayed on the individual pages, but the 10 minute "discussion" resulted in the merge. And leaving an external link for a guide on a page that the wiki guide was removed from seemed like a pointless link; if we won't provide our guide on the page, why would we link to another guide? And that discussion wasn't resolved, it was just let's do it this way for now and ignored others' input. —Mora 00:10, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- Look at those scare quotes. The walkthrough for the raid wing should be a large and detailed as it needs to be. A large page doesn't imply that it is cluttered. Moving portions of the walkthrough involving an NPC boss to the NPC page only results in wasting the reader's time as they have to navigate between different portions of the walkthrough.
- This was discussed somewhere else but: I prefer keeping external links as placeholders, many other users prefer not to because they argue that it moves traffic and potential users away from the wiki. I think the argument is hyperbole that doesn't actually occur but it is what it is.--Relyk ~ talk < 00:42, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- As I was working on Gorseval, I added a small section in the skills labelled 'special mechanics'. I put the orbs and updrafts in there. If there is a better way to describe them go ahead and change it; but they do need to be present somewhere on the page as it is part of his encounter and only present because Gorseval does summon them. I think I will do the same thing with the canons for Sabetha later on as well. -Darqam (talk) 02:52, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
I despair of ever getting all of it because a lot of the lines are race specific as mentioned by ANet somewhere I don't recall anymore, either official forums or a Guild Chat episode. Also, the boss lines I put on their individual pages. Seylan (talk) 06:19, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hum, boss dialogue on their page; will keep that in mind. As for completion of dialogue, yeah I am aware that there is an insane amount (wing 2 will be worse apparently with interacting dialogue between players). But so long as we get the idea of the conversation down at minimum, I'd say the job is done. -Darqam (talk) 06:58, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
Is there a reason why the loading screen does not appear either here or for Salvation Pass? I tried a few things, but can't figure it out... everything seems to be done the same way as, say Dragon's Stand. So I'm not sure what is happening. -Darqam (talk) 18:24, 9 March 2016 (UTC)
- edit: fixed. Seems like it just doesn't like .jpg? That seems odd. Making .png seems to have fixed it (unless I really missed something earlier). -Darqam (talk) 18:58, 9 March 2016 (UTC)
Vale Toughness & Aggro
So, it is not entirely clear what exactly is being said of the Vale Guardian encounter. At one place, the VG is said to prioritize the player with highest toughness. A short while later, the text instructs the person with highest toughness to "draw aggro". As written, it sounds more like a self-satisfying prophecy rather than a useful fact. This pair's wording should either be recast or one or the other statement removed. Imperator.Nox (talk)
How do you get into a raid, if LFG has just 6 individual people in thier own party adverting, and no one will add you to a group, because you've never done it before? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- 3 ways:
- Create you own lfg for a beginner raid
- Join a raiding guild
- Join a training raid through lfg if one is there
- I don't recommend waiting to be added to a raid. Scan the LF members section instead of just posting yourself in the LF raid section. There are enough people scanning the LFM section that they'll almost never check the LFR section.--Rain Spell (talk) 00:20, 11 June 2017 (UTC)
If VG is an elemental, that means potions of elemental slaying work on him right? If so should that be mentioned under the walkthrough, similar to fractals? ~~Trevor95251 22:55, 29 September 2018 (UTC)
- No, he is technically labeled as Plant ingame. It is made that way for most bosses so the potions don't work on them.~SimeTalk 00:34, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- All raid bosses are intentionally mechanically labeled as something other than their lore race (often plant) that has no slaying sigil or potion. It should be noted on the bosses' actual pages, not sure why it isn't. Konig (talk) 01:16, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Dialogs for Gorseval
The part of the dialog section for Gorseval (beginning with the defeat of the Value Guardian) has several repeated lines. Do they occur on these several states of that section or are they misplaced and this section could be streamlined? I admit that trying to keep track which line occurs on which place and under which circumstances is not easy and I don't really have an overview. Balwin (talk) 16:08, 6 May 2019 (UTC)