Drottot Lashtail is an Iron Legion soldier found in Devourer's Mouth under a bridge near where skritts are found. He's accompanied by several young apprentices and claims to tame the most powerful devourers in all of Tyria. If there are no active events nearby, he offers his services as a merchant.
- Lure out devourers to get at their eggs (3)
- Kill the giant enraged devourer to quell the uprising (3)
|Recipe: Drottot's Poached Eggs||Recipe sheet||Basic||96|
- Welcome to the Devourer's Pens! I raise the strongest and most feared devourers in all of Tyria.
How do you do that?
- So glad you asked! We captured these devourer females, and now they nest here. We hatch their eggs and raise the newborn devourers into servitude."
- They join our troops on the battlefield. We train them to respond to specific commands, such as "Kill!". They raise our battle response to a whole new level.
- I'm impressed. Thanks.
- That's interesting, but I've got to go.
- Any chance I could buy some of those eggs from you?
- Yeah, I'm sure they are. I'm leaving.
- During Lure out devourers to get at their eggs
- You there! Step up and give us some help gathering devourer eggs. Activate those lures, then run in and grab as many eggs from the nests as you can before the females notice you."
How does that work?
- The devourer females don't like us messing with their nests. We have to lure them away so we can get at their eggs. The females hate the sound of the lures—
So, I turn on the lures. Then what?
- Let me finish! Then, the females attack the lures, and you can steal eggs from their nests.
Sounds simple enough. Any other advice?
- Are you stalling? The only other thing I'll say is that you break the nests and pick up the eggs. Oh, and if you keep the females occupied longer, you'll get more eggs.
- I'm on the job.
- Got it. I'll get you some eggs.
- I've heard enough. I'm leaving.
- I don't have any yet. I'll see what I can do.
- During Kill the giant enraged devourer to quell the uprising
- Bah! That's one big creepy crawler. And the bigger they get, the meaner they get. We've got to kill that thing before it whips all the other devourers into a frenzy.
- Let me at 'em.
- Start the hunting party without me.