Commander Wade Samuelsson is the current leader of the Ebon Vanguard and the Duke of Ebonhawke. According to himself, his forefathers were kings of Ascalon. Whether this is just figuratively speaking, or if he is a direct descendant of the Tyrian royal family is not known.
- Chapter 4: Order Neophyte
- Hard to imagine this farm was the site of a bloody battle two hundred years ago. We still find bones and bits of weaponry when we dig for crops each year.
Find anything interesting?
- Dug up a blackened charr skull. That was more unsettling than anything. A friend of mine found a rusty shield. Not worth anything. Just a bit of history, I suppose.
So, what do you do out here, when you're not digging up relics?
- Not much. Just run the Ebon Vanguard. Wade Samuelsson, captain of the Ebon Vanguard, at your service.
You seem casual for a military officer.
- I wasn't born to be a warrior. I'm just a farmer. I joined the Vanguard to make sure our farmlands would be safe. Turned out I had a knack for giving orders. Before I know it, I'm the captain.
What will you do now after the treaty gets signed.
- If the treaty gets signed. Farming has taught me that nothing's certain until harvest. But if it happens, I'll gladly hang up my sword. Tired of killing. I just want to make something grow again.
- Hopefully you'll get your wish. Take care.
- Take care.
- Nice to meet you. Good-bye.
- Take care.
- Honor the past.
- May the Gods protect you.
- May you find the path home.
- Both himself and two guards stationed at the Desert Gate refer to him as "Captain Samuelsson", whereas the character introduces himself in the personal story as "Commander Samuelsson".
- During the Get the animals back in their pens he runs out of the south fields and goes into the Fallen Angels stronghold.
- Legend says that if one of the twin swords Magdaer and Sohothin is returned to Ascalon by the rightful heir of the throne, the ghosts will finally be laid to rest. Commander Samuelsson may be a possible candidate to fulfill this prophecy.
- Tyrian royalty family tree (* relation disputable / not known)