From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Hard to imagine this farm was the site of a bloody battle two hundred years ago. We still find bones and bits of weaponry when we dig for crops each year.
Find anything interesting?
- Dug up a blackened charr skull. That was more unsettling than anything. A friend of mine found a rusty shield. Not worth anything. Just a bit of history, I suppose.
So, what do you do out here, when you're not digging up relics?
- Not much. Just run the Ebon Vanguard. Wade Samuelsson, captain of the Ebon Vanguard, at your service.
You seem casual for a military officer.
- I wasn't born to be a warrior. I'm just a farmer. I joined the Vanguard to make sure our farmlands would be safe. Turned out I had a knack for giving orders. Before I know it, I'm the captain.
What will you do now after the treaty gets signed.
- If the treaty gets signed. Farming has taught me that nothing's certain until harvest. But if it happens, I'll gladly hang up my sword. Tired of killing. I just want to make something grow again.
- Hopefully you'll get your wish. Take care.
- Take care.
- Nice to meet you. Good-bye.
- Take care.
- Honor the past.
- May the Gods protect you.
- May you find the path home.
- Both himself and two guards stationed at the Desert Gate refer to him as "Captain Samuelsson", whereas the character introduces himself in the personal story as "Commander Samuelsson".
- During the Get the animals back in their pens he runs out of the south fields and goes into the Fallen Angels stronghold.