User talk:Dr ishmael/Feature pack/Attribute
I didn't have to do as much here as I did on User:Dr ishmael/Feature pack/Trait, fortunately. The two main things I did were a) to reduce the length of the lead-in section, rolling some of it into the following sections, and b) to move the Derived attributes below the Secondary attributes, since we will now have a derived that is linked to a secondary instead of all derived being linked to primary attributes.
One thing I still don't like is all the bloody em-dashes all over the place, they make for a very jagged visual presentation. I can think of a couple solutions, but I'm not sure which one would be best or if either would even be welcome at all: 1) borderless tables (like User:Dr ishmael/Feature pack/Trait#Trait types) or 2) definition lists (like template parameter documentation). Based on the nature of the content, we really should be using definition lists here, but the prevailing winds on this wiki have always seemed to blow against using them in mainspace articles.
- Borderless table
|Power||Increases all damage inflicted by the character.|
|Precision||Increases critical hit chance.|
|Toughness||Decreases the amount of incoming damage suffered by the character.|
|Vitality||Increases maximum health.|
- Definition list
- Decreases the amount of incoming damage suffered by the character.
Discuss. —Dr Ishmael 03:50, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- I was going to say that I didn't really have a problem with the mdashes (neither do you usually/you have one in your sig...), but now I've converted the page to a definition list it looks alright. A bit less compact + more scrolling (one screen previously, two screen lengths now), but its ok. -Chieftain Alex 10:28, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- I should also say; if the newlines between each definition list item are removed, it takes up less space, but looks super-ugly. -Chieftain Alex 10:30, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- I don't mind em-dashes used where they're supposed to be in prose or for offsetting a signature - it's when they're used on every line of lists like this and they aren't "lined up" that it looks ugly. I would have the same complaint if they were plain hyphens or any other punctuation, the list would still look jagged.
- Re: extra newlines, that's exactly why I added them. Our Common.css for dt/dd is a bit too compact for my tastes. —Dr Ishmael 14:23, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- For the second header on the attribute pts table - would it be worth changing "Increase" to "Increase per lvl", or is that too obvious? -Chieftain Alex 15:00, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- Nope, good catch! —Dr Ishmael 15:01, 22 March 2014 (UTC)