Talk:Tower of Nightmares
Sorry I don't agree with any of those page moves... can you stop a moment before changing any further links to reflect page moves we may not agree on / editing swathes of historical stuff, it's really a tremendous bore to go cleaning up afterwards if we don't all agree in the first place. -Chieftain Alex 22:50, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
It's too difficult to pick a particular one of these pages as the unqualified favoured page.
- Zone - not accessed anymore, lower priority.
- Release - not current either, lower priority.
- Achievement - still ingame but discontinued.
- Point of interest - still in the game and accessible. Actually credible to have as the favoured page.
- Disambig - well it's the neutral option.
I feel the unqualified (no bracket suffix) title would best be structured as the disambiguation page, or actually with the status quo of a redirect from the unqualified title to here. In any case I don't agree with moving (a) the zone, or (b) the associated category. -Chieftain Alex 22:58, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- I already finished a while ago, I'm not changing anything else. I only moved these two:
- Category:Tower of Nightmares to Category:Tower of Nightmares (release), since the release page is called Tower of Nightmares (release), and the category should have the same exact name, like Category:The Edge of the Mists (release).
- Tower of Nightmares to Tower of Nightmares. No idea why the main name was being used as the disambiguation page when it leads to confusion so easily. There were dozens of wrong links due to that, so I fixed most of them manually to three of the correct ones depending on the context: Tower of Nightmares (release), Tower of Nightmares (point of interest), or Tower of Nightmares (achievements). I skipped those which should be linking to Tower of Nightmares (zone), since that page should be moved there anyway.
- So yeah, it was pretty well thought out, and there's nothing broken that needs fixing. If anything, I cleaned the mess that no one cared about for quite a few years (articles shouldn't link to disambiguation pages).
- As for the move suggestion:
- Do I think Tower of Nightmares (zone) should be moved to Tower of Nightmares? Yeah, it's the "real" Tower of Nightmares after all, but I don't mind if it stays as it is now (as the disambiguation page), that's why I placed the move tag instead, as a disclaimer.
- If you're against that move suggestion, then there is still cleaning to do. You can start here: Special:WhatLinksHere/Tower of Nightmares and finish what I started (most of those should link to the zone instead). As for the category move, if the main page is going to stay as the disambiguation page, no category should be named exactly like it anyway, meaning that move would be correct either way.--Lon-ami (talk) 23:35, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- It was best as a disambig. If anything the Point of Interest page should have it imo since that's widely accessable to players. - Doodleplex 23:39, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- I prefer the point of interest rather than the disambiguation; in any case, it just feels wrong to have the main name act as the disambiguation page. If we go with the PoI, Category:Tower of Nightmares should be deleted altogether to avoid confusion (or be turned into a category disambiguation, if that's even a thing).
- Anyway, there's a similar case with The Crown Pavilion (area) and The Crown Pavilion (zone), which I also tagged for moving, feel free to discuss about it as well. That one in particular has two categories: Category:The Crown Pavilion and Category:The Crown Pavilion (zone), which is kinda redundant, so one of the two should be removed.--Lon-ami (talk) 23:47, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- There are decent number of disambiguation pages that have the main name, the way it was before honestly wasn't uncommon. And Crown Pavilion should stay how it is: the instanced variation is only available for 3 weeks in a year as a part of a festival, versus the area which is available year round. Zone categories I think are usually via the infobox so I've no input there since they're generated that way. - Doodleplex 00:40, 29 October 2020 (UTC)
- So, if we follow that example:
- Looks like a pretty good solution to me.--Lon-ami (talk) 01:32, 29 October 2020 (UTC)
- So, what's it? As I see it, there are two options:
- Priority for open world location:
- Priority for disambiguation:
- I prefer location over disambiguation, but I don't mind either as long as we apply the same rule to every article.--Lon-ami (talk) 18:01, 14 November 2020 (UTC)