Talk:Equipment acquisition by stats
- 1 Adding Reward Tracks as a source of weapon / armour prefixes
- 2 New Jewelry
- 3 Flame & Frost update
- 4 Recent Updates to Entry
- 5 Crafting Magi jewelry?
- 6 Fixing this Page
- 7 Re: merge suggestion
- 8 March 2013 update
- 9 Missing Acquisition Info
- 10 about cavaliers weapons and armor
- 11 Sentinels
- 12 Shukov's Launch Codes
- 13 Feedback 2015/11/03
- 14 Feedback 2016/09/08
- 15 Suggest reverting changes to the universal upgrade table
- 16 How do you get Apostate weapons?
- 17 Winter prefix with Magic Find as stat?
- 18 Reason for splitting
- 19 Feedback 2017/10/05
- 20 How do we acquire ascended Giver's equipment? (armor, weapons, trinkets)
- 21 Feedback 2017/11/11
- 22 Can we stat-swap to Giver's armor and weapons now in the Mystic Forge?
- 23 About deletion proposal
Adding Reward Tracks as a source of weapon / armour prefixes
Sorry guys, don't know how to edit the page; but the page doesn't include reward tracks as ways to get certain prefixes (except for dungeon reward tracks). Here are the examples I know of, but they are not exhaustive:
Heart of Maguuma reward track: - Armour: Wanderer's (via Leystone Armor box)
- Armour: Berserker, Carrion, Cleric, Dire, Ramapager, Shaman (via Bladed armor box)
- Weapons: Apothecary, assassin, berserker, carrion, cleric, crusader, knight, marauder, rampager, valkyrie (via Auric weapon box)
- Weapons: Trailblazer (via Chak weapon box)
- Weapons: Berserker, Carrion, Cleric, Dire, Ramapager, Shaman (via Plated weapon box)
Legacy Armor reward track:
- Armour: Assassin, berserker, carrion, cleric, knight, magi, rabid, rampager, shaman, soldier, valkyrie
Anet has added some new jewelry with the Karka Event Update. All of the them are craftable but at first you need a recipe which can be dropped from the bosses in the dungeons. I have listed everything in a txt-file, so it would be nice if this information would be implemented into this wiki page. Thanks! --126.96.36.199 11:59, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
- I notice that your list includes the Alpha Conduit as a crafted trinket, but the wiki page for it claims that it's a loot drop. --Felbryn 17:47, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
- I just ask some of my guildmates and some of my friends who are doing Dungeon Runs all day long, no one got an actual item but some got the recipe to craft it. Also every GW2 database has got the recipe to craft the new jewelry and I couldn't find any other source that cearly stated that they are also drops. So I would say it may be possible that the item also drop from a particular Boss. --188.8.131.52 20:01, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
Flame & Frost update
Are there any more exotics (particularly back items) added like the ones sold by the Dwayna temple karma merchant? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Historian_Vermoth
Recent Updates to Entry
This used to be one of the most useful entries in the wiki, but recent changes, while I'm sure well-intended, have made it nearly unreadable. The icons are confusing and it's impossible to quickly find the information you were looking for. I vote for reverting this page to its prior form. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Vrava (talk • contribs).
- (Please sign your comments with four tildes like ~~~~). Could you please link to the last readable version using the history? As far back as I can see this page has always been like this. -Chieftain Alex 18:23, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
Apparently I was thinking of "Armor Stat Combinations" which was deleted as being redundant even though the page had far more utility than this one does. If you needed a "Berserker" item for instance, you could do a search for that term and find all the ways to obtain it. The new system using the unreadable icons is not helpful. "Equipment acquisition by stats" also groups the items by acquisition method and the type of item, not by stats, so at the very least the title should be changed to reflect what this page actually is. But I would much prefer to see "Armor Stat Combinations" return. Apologies if this comment isn't formatted correctly. I'm not at all up to speed on my wiki editing. 184.108.40.206 18:24, 31 May 2013 (UTC)Vrava
- Looks like the redirect was created by MG127 on Feb 8. I don't personally object to resurrecting armor stat combinations if some people prefer it, but I should point out that:
- I see several errors, even on a cursory reading
- it doesn't cover weapons or trinkets
- it tells you general acquisition method, like "dungeon" or "karma", but doesn't offer specifics like which dungeon or merchant
- it's been out-of-date since at least the November content patch (IIRC 8 new stat combos have been added since then, 5 of which are available on armor)
- contrary to your suggestion, searching for a prefix does not necessarily turn up all the armor with that stat combo (they're only listed by the armor's actual name, not the standardized name corresponding to its stats)—for example, though it lists armor with Magi's stats, "Magi" does not appear anywhere on the page (except as a substring of "Magic Find")
- Conversely, if you search for "Magi" on this page, the first thing you find is a table that tells you what 80 exotic equipment with Magi's stats exists, and how to get it—you can get the armor from dungeons, some of it can also be bought with karma. Then you can click on "dungeon" or "karma" in the column headers and it takes you directly to a section that will tell you which dungeons or which karma merchants.
- So I think this page is probably better for the purpose you have in mind, at least if you can figure out how to use it. Maybe there's something we could do to make it more intuitive? --Felbryn (talk) 21:04, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Crafting Magi jewelry?
- Look at the second table under Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Crafting—the recipes aren't discoverable, they're random drops in dungeons. --Felbryn 09:18, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
Fixing this Page
Since someone doesn't seem to want Suffix to be a useful page, we should probably put some work in to make this page fulfil the use that that page used to fill, because this page is currently unusable. Illiander 12:40, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
Re: merge suggestion
220.127.116.11 has put a merge tag at the top of the page suggesting it should be merged with Item nomenclature. As the reason for the merge, he says that the pages shouldn't actually be merged, but should have disambiguation links to each other.
- This page already was part of Item nomenclature, and was split off after this discussion.
- That's not what disambiguation means. Disambiguation is for pages on different topics with similar names, in case someone looking for info on one of those topics mistakenly ends up on the page for the other one (for example, the Healing Signet skill versus the Healing Signet ring). For pages with different names but similar topics, we use "see also" (which we are) or just regular links in the article body (which we also have).
- Why are you suggesting a merge if you don't actually want a merge?
If someone wants to make a real argument in favor of re-merging, be my guest, but this tag just seems confused, so I'm removing it unless/until someone wants to clarify it. --Felbryn 22:42, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 update
The main table needs to be updated with the sets available in WvW after the march update. Maybe we should also change the "Other Merchants" heading to "Badges of Honor"?18.104.22.168 07:43, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- It used to be called "WvW", but I changed it to "other merchants" so I could include items from the Guild Commendation Trader. At the time, both were very short lists. If badges of honor have enough stuff now that the commendation items will get lost among them, we could move the commendations to "other" instead. --Felbryn 20:33, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
Missing Acquisition Info
The following level 80 exotics are currently missing from the page because I do not have information on how they're acquired:
- Star of Dwayna (Cleric's amulet)
- All Seeing (Traveler's amulet)
- Rhendak's Signet (Valkyrie ring)
- Melandru's Bloom (Shaman's ring)
- Signet of Grenth (Rabid ring)
- Dwayna's Embrace (Magi ring)
- Ulgoth's Tail (Valkyrie accessory)
- Sam (Explorer's accessory)
Based on other items that have shown up around the same time, I'm guessing these are probably random drops from major world events. So, related question: should items that drop only from specific event chests be included in the "loot" subsection, or should they get their own subsection? --Felbryn 20:30, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
about cavaliers weapons and armor
I did get cavaliers weapons and armor dropped form chests in fractals. So cavaliers stats are obtainable as armor and weapons. Only not sure about the range of available items. I did get ceremonial weapon skins of axe and hammer drop with cavaliers and an heavy chest (at leas, those I can remember) --2-5-2013 20:17 European summer time-- (I do not have a wiki account, if you want conformation, try to catch me ingame. I can like some of those item, in game name: Morrigana Sedai)
- It's difficult to get a list of the fractal-specific exotics, since they all bind on acquire, don't have easily-searchable names, and few have been added to the wiki (e.g. there's a Medium Armageddon Mask listed with Wayfarer's stats, but no other armor from that set, and I think there may be multiple sets with that name but different stats, and it's easily confused with the Armageddon armor of Balthazar).
- It would be nice to list them, especially when it's the only way to get that stat combination; on the other hand, considering that they drop rarely and randomly and can't be traded to other players, it's also a pretty lousy way to acquire equipment. You could easily sink orders of magnitude more time into fractals than it would take to use most methods of acquiring a full exotic set and still not get a complete set of your preferred prefix. So as long as that's the only way to get exotic Cavalier's weapons and armor, they're nonexistent for most practical purposes.
- I'd definitely encourage you to make wiki pages for the items you found (if they don't already exist), though. --Felbryn 20:18, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
I have trouble considering this truly considering this craftable, since you cannot get the materials from any other source than TP. Maybe there should be a note mentioning that the insignia's are not craftable, and no longer dropped anywhere. 22.214.171.124 16:27, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- That's not entirely true. The Sentinel's Inscriptions can be purchased from the Guild Commendation Trader in Lion's Arch for 80 silver + 10 Commendations. So, for weapons at least, it's definitely craftable. This also means the #2 footnote for Level 80 Exotic Equipment is somewhat inaccurate. Stillsky (talk) 05:32, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
Shukov's Launch Codes
This page is all jacked up. It doesn't say anything useful. Oh hey, you can get armor from Dungeons.. REALLY!? I didn't know that, cool, thanks, good to know.
- Sure seems to give plenty of relevant info to me. Near the top it says what methods are available for those stats, and near the bottom it goes into detail for those --Gimmethegepgun (talk) 18:30, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- If you're asking for a list of items which offer specific selectable stats, I do not believe we have a way of tracking that at the moment. I've gathered a quick list of items that have selectable stats for you to peruse, though it may not be the most helpful. Edit: Apparently that list is even longer than I thought it would be, and won't list everything. G R E E N E R 18:51, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, the Bloodstone Crown probably ought to be mentioned on this page. But Out of the Shadows is only 6 weeks old, and from a skim of the page history, I don't think anyone's made a serious effort to update this page since last November. That's annoying, but I can understand it--I know from experience that maintaining this page is a lot of work, because it requires artisanal synthesis of information from many sources. It's also largely thankless, because many people expect simple explanations no matter how complex the underlying subject matter (and it only gets more complicated as ArenaNet keeps inventing new systems). Plus, the information is just a lot less valuable now that exotic gear is no longer top-tier. --Felbryn (talk) 03:35, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- Why does the second paragraph say "This page primarily focuses on acquisition of level 80 exotic equipment; higher rarity equipment is listed on Ascended equipment and Legendary equipment instead." when there's the Acquisition methods section that says "Below is a table for level 80 Exotic and Ascended crafted equipment. Tables for all crafted equipment can be found here."? According to the navbox and that intro, Bloodstone Crown does not belong here. According to the rest of the article and title, Bloodstone Crown does belong. --BryghtShadow (talk) 06:19, 9 September 2016 (UTC) Intro was changed on 17 July 2016: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Equipment_acquisition_by_stats&oldid=1228105 --BryghtShadow (talk) 06:35, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
Suggest reverting changes to the universal upgrade table
The universal upgrade table used to be organized by prefix, following the same ordering and formatting conventions as all the other tables on this page. Xenoril changed it to be sorted based on upgrade type with columns for each attribute, based on the gemstone page. I think that is an inappropriate formatting choice for this page, because this page is for someone who is looking for equipment with a specific set of stats, NOT for people trying to find the stats of a specific piece of equipment. If I know I'm looking for an upgrade component with Berserker's stats, the old table made it easy to find one; the new table makes it enormously difficult.
(I also think the style of the new table is awful in general and I've hated it on every wiki page that's ever used it, and I think it's an even worse choice now than it was originally because it inaccurately implies that "major" and "minor" attributes are equal on 3-stat and 4-stat gear. But even if other people like that style of table in general, I still think it shouldn't be used on this page.) --Felbryn (talk) 16:26, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
- Scro has added a prefix column, and I've turned the green ticks into yellow ticks for the weaker Majors of the 4-stat combos. Does this help make the table more readable? -- Dashface 06:00, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- The table is still sorted in order of gems instead of in order of prefixes. Figuring out which prefix corresponds to which attributes is still a huge pain if you don't have it memorized. You made the major tickmarks look different, but the "minor" ones still look the same even though they're not. My suggestion is still to go back to the old table style, consistent with everything else on this page. --Felbryn (talk) 16:24, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- Added sortable to the table features. While the default is still gem-order (because that's how it is stored), you can click the little arrows to resort it by prefix. SarielV 16:23, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Are ascended ones available? --126.96.36.199 23:01, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
- I've only seen it on stuff like Bloomboom. You can't even select it on Legendaries and they're meant to be able to use any prefix so I think it's just not available at level 80. —Azurem 00:11, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
- I see, so Apostate and Forsaken are on exotic levelling weapons only. Shame, because power and condi damage majors are usually preferred. --188.8.131.52 12:01, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
Winter prefix with Magic Find as stat?
Someone in a chat noticed that the table under Level 80 exotic equipment lists Winter with Magic Find as stat. I have tried to search for any item with that prefix so I could check the stats but I couldn't find any. Can someone tell me if there still be items with such prefix in game and if so what are the proper stats?
Maybe it's an error as Attribute combinations doesn't show Winter as prefix but as suffix only (so it's only used in upgrades)? I was even going to put a note there about the Winter prefix as historical or something, but I haven't got solid reasons or info. --Txon Atana - (talk) 12:41, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Magic Find was removed from equipment some years ago. It was replaced for some combinations, and for some it was just dropped. More than likely this is historical and the name changed to Giver's. You'd have to dig into historical forum posts and dead fansites to find the truth. SarielV 16:11, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- (Edit conflict) Winter is the trinket version of Giver's (crafted using snowflakes). It used to have magic find as a stat, before magic find was removed from gear (in 2013). There have been plenty of substantial edits to this page since then so I don't know how nobody's noticed it before but oh well. Updated now. —Azurem 16:21, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, posssibily it went unnoticed with each edit yes. And yes, I knew about the stat being replaced or dropped when Magic Find was no longer a stat, I was just wondering if items with Winter as prefix still existed in game and if so what would be their stats. I see the edit now, thanks all. --Txon Atana - (talk) 19:48, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Reason for splitting
Mainly, its to make it similar to the pages for Ascended and Legendary. It would also make the information on how to obtain them easier to find, especially for new players.
How do we acquire ascended Giver's equipment? (armor, weapons, trinkets)
I noticed that even the Season 3 trinkets don't have Giver's as an available stat combination that you can choose. Does Giver's exist only on exotic gear? --184.108.40.206 18:23, 25 October 2017 (UTC)
This page has tons of good info and I found it to be useful and not horrible (but not great) to navigate. However, I wish there were smaller, separate, pages for the different Prefixes. For example: a "Sinister Prefix" page which lists all armor, weapons, etc. with that prefix and ways to obtain them. My main reason for coming here was trying to figure out how to outfit my Firebrand in Sinister gear. While I figured it out in the end, I wished all this info was in one spot instead of across several tables. I would gladly help compile the info in my free time (err... probably after the coming holidays ;_;), but I am not sure if this is something others are interested in, or if it was done and scrapped, or what have you. --Coranax (talk) 01:20, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- I agree, the info on this page is a mess. This is one of the reasons why I suggested this page be split the same way as the ascended and legendary equipment pages. I did somewhat start on them, but I had to put them on hold while in between the living world 3 stories and holiday events. There is a lot of information on this page that needs to be reorganized. —Intricity (talk) 20:08, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- Wow and that was back in May. I agree about the split. Maybe this will be a good project for the new year. However, I am a complete noob at this so when it comes to deciding exactly how to reorganize things... it's probably better off in more experienced hands. I am defiantly on board to help though, lol --Coranax (talk) 04:51, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
Can we stat-swap to Giver's armor and weapons now in the Mystic Forge?
With Giver's ascended armor and weapons now available to craft, are the inscription and insignia now allowed to be used in the stat-change recipe for the Mystic Forge?
Also, are ascended Giver's trinkets still unavailable? I checked some of my spare LS3 trinkets and they don't have Giver's as one of the choices still. --220.127.116.11 19:04, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, you can now use the new inscription and insignia to stat swap to Giver's. The LS3 trinkets were either forgotten or left out intentionally. —Intricity (talk) 22:04, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Do Aurora and Ad Infinitum have access to Giver's and Bringer's? What about the 3 Mist trinkets? --18.104.22.168 18:16, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- API suggests neither has these stats. -Chieftain Alex 18:21, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- Ad Infinitum does have access to these stats. And API hasn't been updated for a while as API dev got moved to a new position. ❄The F. Prince❄ (talk) 18:32, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- Perhaps it's on a list ready to be whitelisted somewhere. (And yeah I knew about Lye, but someone on the ANet side of the API did whitelist most of the wintersday stuff yesterday.) -Chieftain Alex 18:41, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
About deletion proposal
Well, I have seen the need for a revamp of this article and been meaning to work on that for a while but I had just neglected doing so. Anyway, I just wanted to tell that I have started working on a draft for that and might point to it when gets shaped decently. So, I would like to ask to hold on deletion for a little while until I can show my proposal for it, this article can still have its usefulness. --Txonä Atan - (talk) 13:16, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- I've been using this page for years. It made it easy to find out what items I could get from dungeon vendors. The list of all the possible stat types in the game. What items are from karma vendors and more. This page is great, I would highly suggest not deleting it. ~ USER
- I think we shouldn't need this page but we still do. I don't think all the information it conveys is available elsewhere, and if it is I couldn't find it. I've been thinking about properly revamping this page (or lately the five pages in the nav) many times since a short while after the game's launch, but it's always been a daunting task that won't ever get easier, and I'm not really sure it will ever be done. But until it is, this page should stay. 10:24, 27 July 2019 (UTC)