These current screenshots aren't good, because you hadn't taken off your armour, thus the preview didn't show the default colours for the armour, but the ones of your own armour instead. Also, do we need a separate pafe for this? Igor 20:14, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- It's a placeholder until anybody can provide better screenshots that are all the same size. The colors now are still good because they show the different areas on each armor piece. The page needs to exist, just like there was a separate page for every armor in the GW1 wiki. Gobberpooper 21:50, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone know what the level requirements are? I know that Tier 2 requires level 60, what level is Tier 1? KJZ 20:49, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- 1 = 35, 2 = 60, 3 = 80. You can see this just by talking to the cultural armorsmiths of your race. —Dr Ishmael 21:34, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- If you are in-game. If you are not in-game where do you look it up if not in the wiki, is that not what the wiki is for? Anyway, I added it to the cost chart for human armor. KJZ 06:11, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
Fix Human Bonus
human armor bonuses are power, prec, and vit--not cond dmg. fix please! 16:18, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Should it be noted that the third tier in each racial set includes an armor based on a member of Destiny's Edge? --Lazy Dolyak 18:29, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
Should we standardise the galleries for the cultural armours? Currently they are different orders for tier and class weight between the races. Should we also have male and female galleries? Also should we go as far as to have individual pieces previews as we did in GW (1)? Finally if we go individual preview should they be flat grey or some standard combination of colours so people can see the dye channels? I'm willing to spend a weekend getting male and female shots of all armour and formatting them into something usable if people think it would be worthwhile and could advise on formatting. Iwog59 13:33, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, we definitely need a standard gallery template for all armor. This has been discussed in a number of places already (here and here, at least), but no one's taken the initiative to actually work out a template yet. —Dr Ishmael 14:29, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Questions regarding cultural armor and fine transmutation stones
Can cultural armor be transmuted (to look like other armors) using fine transmutation stones? And vice versa: Can any armor set be transmuted to look like cultural armor?
If I'm a norn, can I make any of my armors (doesn't matter which set) look like the human cultural armor using fine transmutation stones? In other words, is there a way to use transmutation stones to get the look of another race's cultural armor? - Unknown question asker.
Specifically, yes, you can transmute to and from cultural armours, but there's no way for a Norn to actually possess Human cultural armour; you have to be a human to buy it, and you can't buy items soulbound to another player.--184.108.40.206 08:23, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
- You can transfer soulbound items to another character by transmuting to a white or blue item which makes it account bound. That should make it possible.
Would it be all right if someone were to add a column for the price of each piece, to the armor tables for each set of racial armor?--CraigDC42 16:46, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
- Am I mistaken or IS Cultural Armor 119 GOLD to buy. AND DOES NOT have MAX STATS? 220.127.116.11 15:52, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching that! G R E E N E R 18:01, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Asura cultural armor/Light etc. There's not a single page with all of them together, no. —Dr Ishmael 03:20, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
Cost for 'The Emperor' achievement
A recent edit notes that it costs 650 gold to get the achievement, if we observe the acquisition table, we get 119gold*5races = 595 gold. There is either an incorrect value somewhere or a clarification needs to be made somewhere. -Darqam (talk) 19:40, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- You missed that the emperor is 90 pieces, ie 3 tiers x 5 races x 3 weights x 6 armor pieces. 595g is only one tier. -18.104.22.168 21:21, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hum, I seemed to have misunderstood the table then. So the actual math goes as: (119.00g+7.10g+2.88g) * 5 = 644.9g. That is (full tier1 + full tier2 +full tier3) * 5 races (but only one armor weight?). I think I see what the issue with my reasoning was, but because I am a prideful person, I'm going to have point out that summing it up like that gives 644g90s, not 650 gold :p. Also, if the soul requirement is to get 90 unique pieces of armor, could one not simply buy all of the tier 1 (all races+all weights) for a total of 43g20s? That would be 6 armor pieces*3 weights*5 races = 90 items, a set is priced at 2g88s.
- Shit, I'm talking trash. 3*3*5*6=270. Ignore me. -22.214.171.124 22:07, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- 90 pieces, so you could potentially get "The Emperor" by buying all of the t1 armor for every weight class (3*3*6=90), or 14 40 ? Chieftain Alex 22:28, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- That's what I'm wondering chieftain, but the total would be 43 20 since it costs 2 88 for any given T1 set. So for example heavy+med+light of one race would be 8 64 and that times 5 to get all races. I'm not sure if the game does accept this, but it might be worth checking; would make the emperor title much cheaper to get than it seems to be generally believed. -Darqam (talk) 22:35, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- Derp maths. Well I currently have unlocked: 1 light human t1, 1 medium human t2 and 1 medium norn t3. Total of 3 -> 3 on emperor. -Chieftain Alex 22:50, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- That's not how the achievement works. You need to soulbind (as mentioned in game) 90 unique pieces of gear. Dupes of any tier do not count. —Ventriloquist 22:52, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hrm, looking at how the achievements are layed out, it seems like you can't get 3 counts towards The Emperor for having 3 different weights of the same item in the same tier. That is Asura tier 1 boots heavy light and medium would only count as 1. I am basing this off of the fact that buying only of of the three weights checks of the ONLY tag for that armor race&tier. Note that there is not 3 tier 1 asura boots, but only 1. Consequently you would need to buy... *pulls out calculator* One piece of every tier for every race (regardless of armor 'weight'). This would then amount to: (119.00g+7.10g+2.88g) * 5 = 644 90 . I should be able to confirm this later tonight once I get on my game client (I'll just buy 2 tier 1 items of different weights and see what happens). Depending on the outcome I'll update the number (and this talk page). -Darqam (talk) 23:04, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
I just checked, and buying a second piece in the same tier but different weight does NOT count, so you guys are correct. Interestingly, though, text is worded incorrectly. The 18 Tier 1 pieces are all unique, so they SHOULD count as 18 soulbound unique pieces. But, they don't. Daddicus (talk) 02:48, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
New WvW Vendors
i added a little info about this just because i didn't see it on there and wanted it for my own reference! but, someone who actually understands math needs to do the "net cost" part of the table. -rose 126.96.36.199 03:50, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for adding it! Finally i can afford this armor. ^^ I went ahead and added the Net Cost to the table. The nice part is you get back the same amount regardless of which version you purchase, so the WvW armor turns out to be way cheaper in terms of gold. Catbus (talk) 02:55, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
"Each of the five living members of Destiny's Edge"
Should this be changed to four, or is the wiki supposed to represent an ingame point in time where Eir still lives?