Researcher Bamm leads a krewe into Icegate Gorge to research the ettins there, much to the dismay of his assistant Fimm, who is unwilling to follow him on such a risky adventure. Although Bamm carries dual pistols to protect himself, he isn't much of a fighter and will often need to be revived. After successfully helping him return to Junction Haven with his research, he will become a merchant for a short period of time.
- When his event is available
- My unappreciative assistant refuses to help with my latest endeavor. Will you escort me? Research rewards the brave!
What is the endeavor?
- I intend to convince her that—despite appearances to the contrary—ettins are not inherently aggressive, just misunderstood. If you approach them correctly, they can even be friendly.
- I think you'll need my help.
- Nope, you're on your own.
- I don't have time right now.
- During the event
- There's no time for talking; we have work to do! Just follow me and look intimidating.
- After event completion, on the way back to Junction Haven
- We've got to get back to the haven! Follow me!
- All right.
- Back at the haven
- My ice elementals investigation required a number of trials due to increased ettin hostility. At least this time, I managed to conduct my research. Care to see the results?
- No, thanks.