From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Leaps from water at the player.
- Will flop uselessly on the ground for a few seconds after attacking, before despawning.
- If picked up, will jump from the player's hands after 8 seconds, knocking them down.
- Piranha - Leaps at the player, dealing damage.
- Piranhas do not despawn when dropped, though they will despawn a few seconds later if not picked up again.
- If the player is not standing on solid ground when a held Piranha leaps from their hands, the Piranha will be destroyed. This includes bouncing on mushrooms, using trampolines, or even just normal jumping and falling.
- If travelling a long distance with a Piranha, count to 6 or 7 before dropping it and picking it back up again, to avoid risking a despawn.
- Has a miniature version.
- Getting hit by a jumping Piranha in Rapids is recorded in the combat log as "Chicken hits you for 0 using Piranha."
- The pirahas are wearing a snorkel.
- Originally, once a player picked up a Piranha, they would continue to hold it until they either dropped it (either voluntarily or were knocked down), fed it to an Octopus, ran out of lives and were sent to the Game Over room, or travelled back to the hub. Changing zones did not remove it, so it was possible to bring a Piranha all the way to the end of W2Z3. This is no longer the case.