Linnea is a norn that resides at the Hangrammr Climb. She is aware of a dangerous yeti nearby and asks adventurers, as well as Hare, for help in tracking this beast. After helping her find and kill the yeti, she becomes a merchant for a short period of time.
- Collect fur samples for Linnea (6)
- Protect Linnea while she chases the jackalope (6)
- Protect Linnea as she hunts for the yeti (7)
|Potion of Jackalope Transformation||Tonic||Masterwork||1 20|
- During Collect fur samples for Linnea
- I don't care if everyone else thinks I'm crazy. There's a yeti out there, waiting to strike. Prove it is out there so I can stop it from attacking others, like poor Bjarni here.
Look at this strange fur I found.
- Hare's whiskers! The yeti is now real. Now, where is it? Quick, find more of its fur.
- I'll help you find it.
People think you're crazy?
- It's because I follow Hare. Others mock me for it, saying Hare isn't a true Spirit of the Wild. But Hare will help me find the yeti, even if no one else believes me.
I can see why they don't. Yetis haven't been seen here for a long time.
- True, but Bjarni swears he saw one. His mind may be addled, but he's never lied to me. Maybe it's the same yeti. Maybe it's hunting all of us. We have to find out.
What do I have to do?
- Search for fur that doesn't belong to any of the animals around here. Bring what you find back to me. Hare will help me track down the yeti.
- I'll look for unusual fur.
- I'm not chasing a bunch of shadows.
- Why follow Hare?
- Who's Bjarni? (Same as below.)
- What can I do to help? (Same as "What do I have to do?")
- Hare? Yetis? I'm out of here.
- That's a sad story. He used to be a great warrior, but he was attacked by the yeti and left for dead. It broke his mind, I think. I do what I can to care for him.
- Wait. There haven't been yetis around here for a long time. (Same as "I can see why they don't...")
- How can I help? (Same as "What do I have to do?")
- Not interested. Good-bye.
- I'll hunt for yeti evidence.
- During Protect Linnea while she chases the jackalope
- No time to chat. I have to catch the jackalope!
- I'm right behind you.
- During Protect Linnea as she hunts for the yeti
- Stay close and we will defeat the enemy of Hare.
- After completing Protect Linnea as she hunts for the yeti
- A jotun in animal skins. Such deception! But no matter, Hare guided me to the truth. Thank you for joining me and for protecting us all.
Hare didn't guide you to any bunny-related items, did she?
- Why would a jotun dress like an animal?
- The wilds must have damaged his mind. It happens. A norn hunts so much that he becomes an animal. Keep your wits about you, or you will lose them in the ice and snow.
- With a jotun that big wearing animal skins, it's no wonder Bjarni thought he saw a yeti.
- You have Raven's eye, my friend. I should get back to Bjarni and tell him the threat is gone. Good hunting.
- Thank you. Good-bye.
- I understand. Thank you.
- You're welcome. Take care.
- Linnea still mentions Bjarni in her dialogue when the norn reacting to her news has been Igmar since the changes made in the New Player Experience patch. This is likely due to the fact that Bjarni and Linnea are a reference to the characters George Milton and Lennie Small from the John Steinbeck novel Of Mice and Men. George was the caretaker of Lennie, a mentally handicapped giant who dreamed of being able to care for rabbits.