Kahedins is a firstborn sylvari, and the Cycle of Dusk's Luminary. It is his task to help newly awakened sylvari understand what they have seen within the Dream of Dreams, and his kind soul and gentle words have often been a balm to troubled sylvari. Kahedins is a sylvari shaper, and since his awakening, he has worked in shaping the entire Grove to make it habitable, as well as created the various mortar and trap seeds that are used by Wardens to defend The Grove. Lately, he has been studying the written languages of Tyria and determining whether the sylvari should create a writing system of their own. He designed the sylvari's seed turrets to help fight off the Risen.
- Chapter 1: Following the Dream
- Every day brings new faces.
- I sense you've been called here.
- My garden is your garden.
- Seize the moment.
- There's much to do around here.
- A knight named Kahedins appears in various medieval tales of King Arthur's court. The name has many variant spellings such as Kahedin, Kaherdin, Keyhydyns, etc.