Searching the wiki
The quickest way to find information in Guild Wars 2 Wiki is to look it up directly. On the left-hand side of your screen there is a Search box with two buttons under it labeled "Go" and "Search".
If you clicked 'search', or you clicked 'go' and the page you were looking for did not exist, you will be presented with a list of articles that matched your search criteria (or a message that no matches were found).
If there were no results matching your search criteria, you can use the opportunity to follow the red link and create an article.
How the search works
- Search is case-insensitive, so "Trahearne", "TRAHEARNE", and "trahEARNE" all return the same results.
- However, if the case matches the exact title of a page and you use "Go", then the browser will navigate to that page instead of the search results.
- Even if you enclose a phrase in quotes, the search looks for each word individually. e.g. if you enter "world war 2" it will return pages that contain "world" and "war" and "2".
- The article content is searched in its raw (wikitext) form - i.e. it searches the text that appears in the edit box when you click 'edit', not the rendered page. This means that content coming from an included template will not be picked up, but the target of piped links will be.
Restricting the search
By default only the namespaces specified in your preferences will be searched. Logged-in users can change their preferences to specify the namespaces they want to search by default, or if you just want to specify different namespaces for a single search then you can do so at the top of the search results page.
Searching the wiki from ingame
- The wiki can be searched from ingame by entering
/wikiinto the chat, followed by a text search term, or a shift-click generated chatlink.
- If the client is not set to English, then the game adds a language prefix to the wiki search, e.g. if the client is set to French, after typing
/wiki, the client automatically inserts the language prefix, e.g.
Logged in users that use the Vector wiki skin will have a slightly different search box, with only one button, equivalent to the Go button. Their search box appears in the top right corner of the screen.