From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Double-click to consume for transmutation charges.
— In-game description
|Gem Store (historical)||–||300|
|Gem Store (historical)||–||5 / 1,350|
|Gem Store (historical)||–||25 / 6,000|
Use the splitter when you want to transfer a valuable soulbound item from one character to another or to restore a precursor that has been transmuted. For example:
- After transmuting the appearance of The Colossus onto an Ascended hammer, you might wish to change the appearance again or restore The Colossus for crafting The Juggernaut.
- To move a soulbound legendary to another character, first transmute the item's look onto a Basic version of the same item, selecting the stats of the white weapon. The newly-created transmuted item will be account bound and can be transferred (via the bank) to a second character. Then use the splitter, after which the weapon will be restored, but soulbound to its new owner.
- The skin applied to the white determines the weapon you will get through the splitter. For example, applying an exotic skin from an ascended weapon onto a white item will only lead to the retrieval of the exotic weapon that provided the skin.
- The white item needs to be level 60 or better in order to accommodate the legendary's superior sigil. Alternatively, you can first apply a lower-quality sigil to the legendary and then use a lower-leveled white.
- If aiming to retrieve a skinned item (e.g. Gas mask), the splitter will return the stat item and a non-stat version of the gas mask, i.e. you will have to use another transmutation crystal.