The name Zomorros bears a striking resemblance to the arabic word "Zomorrod" (زمرد), it means "Emerald", which is quite fitting since Djins are usually associated with gemstones, and also are from arabian mythology and folklore.--Rapid Sausage 07:35, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
No where in game does it state he's "imprisoned" within the Mystic Forge. Sounds to me like he's in there willingly from the way Miyani talks about him. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Brakkis (talk • contribs).
- http://www.arena.net/blog/the-big-beta-weekend-preview "This strange forge actually holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. " --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
So, I'm neither a speaker nor a reader of the language, but from the bit that I studied one time and a general knowledge of it, the characters written on his clothing look very similar to Hindi. —Jyavoc 06:43, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- Wouldn't surprise me too much if they were inspired from such given how Ascalonian, for instance, is inspired by Phoenician, however they might also intended be Elonian. Konig/talk 10:28, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
So where do you actually see that djinn image ingame? It's not in the mystic forge interface, and I don't think its via Miyani either. --Chieftain Alex 18:04, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
- It was used during historical dialogue with Miyani, when you could talk to him directly. Thanks for calling attention to his picture btw, I've noticed something interesting I can add to the trivia section! --Idris (talk) 18:27, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
What kind of djinn is Zommoros? (which element?)
Do we have any official lore on this? --184.108.40.206 23:49, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- From what we can see with the only image of him available, I'd say he's a water djinn but I'm guessing we'll know more for sure once the raid is accessible. Skrittman (talk) 00:07, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Remove sentence at top?
"...seemingly imprisoned within the Mystic Forge" Is this true? After all, we see him up and about as of the lastest raid. ~~Trevor95251 15:10, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- I think i mentioned this on some other talk page but I'm pretty sure that was just his previous excuse to not come out, canonically. The latest Guild Chat does imply that the Mythwright Forge was conceived of during the development of Mythwright Gambit, so it can't have been directly about that. ~ Fishrock (talk) 17:15, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- ArenaNet makes a ton of comments on lore out of the game, but ever since a certain developer no longer working at Anet got continuously caught making contradictions between interview/forum chat and game, after five years of no such thing ever occurring, they've begun holding onto the stance of "if it isn't in the game, it's subject to being rewritten without being an actual retcon" aka it's all "psuedo-lore". The thing about Zommoros being trapped was from a forum post, IIRC, and seems to have after years been rewritten. Konig (talk) 18:42, 9 October 2018 (UTC)