Talk:The Vizier's Tower
Not sure where this would belong other than on this page, so I'm copying it down in this talk page, for future reference. The skill challenge is only reachable by doing the jumping puzzle, and it's nothing but a book that you read. The lore, however, is slightly noteworthy:
- "Though dust and clearly abandoned, this book is in remarkable condition. The title reads: "The Vizier of the Tower: Benevolence or Madness?" Scrawled inside the cover is, "Property of Mollen, Esteemed Explorer."
- "The vizier's decision to read from the Lost Scrolls to defeat the invading charr has been seen as noble by some and deranged by others. Many scholars claim that a charr victory in Orr would have been preferable to the nation's complete destruction."
- ->Read further.
- "Others argue that, under the circumstances, the vizier could have made no other decision, and that the outcome of the spell could not have been forseen. This author believes that the vizier, though powerful and - at times - wise, was clearly insane."
- ->Read further.
- "The Vizier's Tower stands in the dark belly of recently risen Orr, and few have made it far enough south to examine its mysteries. Orr is clogged with undead monstrosities. Any trek into that territory would be suicide."
- ->Close the book.
Coupled with the nearby artifacts, the fact that there is both a Vista and skill challenge that force people to want to make it to the top, and another book, this, to me, screams of lore significance. Unfortunately, I died while writing this, as a certain boss event popped up at the top of the tower :( ...apparently the wizard of the tower got ticked at me for divulging his secrets. I'll investigate again at a later time. --Starfleck 05:03, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- "This book is not as old as the relics that surround it. Many of the pages have been torn out, and the title reads, "Logs of the Orrian Expedition by Mollen, Esteemed Explorer."
- "I've arrived at the Vizier's Tower, through great peril. My health declines, and my mental state has been compromised by the horrors I've witnessed. I have begun to accept that I will not survive a return journey."
- ->Read Further.
- "I see only these awful statues, and I'm not sure what I had hoped to find-some shred of information on the terrible Mursaat, perhaps, or maybe a glimpse into the life of the vizier who wrought such destruction upon Orr."
- ->Read Further.
- "All I've learned is that Orr is lost to us forever. I don't believe this land will ever heal. I will leave my notes here for someone else to find. I do not expect the Risen will allow me to leave."
- ->Close the book.
there helped you out lol Guy451 21:10, 13 October 2012 (UTC)
Jumping puzzle name
The name of the jumping puzzle achievement is "Vizier's Tower" without the "The" on the front. Should we split this page? —Dr Ishmael 14:31, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- I do not think there is enough information to warrant another page. A redirect, as is now, on the version without the "The" is fine with me. E-Kay 00:58, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
- I think there is enough information to warrant a split in pages. The jumping puzzle doesn't need to denote the NPCs, events, or objects and similarly the PoI doesn't need the walkthrough section. A Point of Interest is not a jumping puzzle, and just as we have Demongrub Pits versus Demongrub Pits (jumping puzzle), or Mad King's Clock Tower versus Mad King's Clock Tower (jumping puzzle), this should get split as well. Konig/talk 01:04, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
For some reason there is no orrian chest interactive here, though i see somethign that should be a chest. I have never been to this location before on any toon, so am quite disappointed to discover no rewards (other than skill point and vista.. bleh) - has it been removed? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) at 20:25, 4 April 2013 (UTC).
- Someone probably already did the event just before you got the and the chest was in its cooldown phase. --zeeZ (talk) 20:40, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
..defeated the vizier
i changed it to wizard because you dont fight the vizier you fight a veteran wizard..Maresh19 07:51, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
Just noticed a slight discrepancy, not sure which is correct. One of the notes says the magic used to sink Orr was gifted to him by Abbadon, whereas other wiki pages say the spell came from a Lost Scroll. Just thought I'd mention it. Elementalmen (talk) 04:51, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- The implication, I believe, is that the scrolls Khilbron read contained a portion of Abaddon's magic that had somehow avoided purging by the other gods (it's understandable that they wouldn't find every Tyrian reference to him). See Varesh Ossa in Fahranur for a similar situation with nearly as disastrous results - in fact, there's reference in Nightfall to the First City's connection to old Orrian kings. Khilbron had been converted to the worship of Abaddon (again, like Varesh) and would have access to the Orrian vaults because of his position. It's likely the demon Terick/Razakel both encouraged his new faith and fed him information regarding the Cataclysm scrolls. 126.96.36.199 19:03, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
Timer - 10/20 or 30 minutes?
The page Kill_the_Risen_wizard_patrolling_the_Vizier's_Tower says it's 30 minutes, while this page says 10-20.--Rejutka 04:24, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- I looked into the edit histories for both articles; this one in particular has been a back-and-forth of "it's 20 mins" "no it's 30" "you're wrong it's 20" "it's 30 and I can prove it, damn you", etc. My guess is that it's on a variable timer and more research is needed. I'm going to tweak the note on both articles to be more clear on this. --Idris (talk) 07:24, 13 June 2018 (UTC)