From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- They're going to love dragging down the lines in your face. You look like you smile far too often.
My smile has thorns.
- Ah, so it does. Good. I see you enjoy the nightmares you inflict upon others. You'll fit in here just fine.
- I expect so.
- Once I awoke from the dream, I found myself drawn toward the Nightmare Court. It was clearly my destiny to join them.
I have much to learn. Tell me what you know.
- I know that pain is a natural part of life. Strength comes only through suffering. Because Dreamers reject pain, suffering, and death, they can never fully appreciate the gift of life.
- I see.
- The courtiers here have shown me the truth in pain. The Dream shielded me from the whole of emotion, preventing me from reaching my full potential.
I'm eager to learn more.
- Death is greatest example of nightmare. All creatures fear it. Thinking beings spend their whole live pretending it will never happen to them.
So we must kill them.
- No. We must take them to the edge of death and show them the future they've worked so hard to deny. Only then can they truly know the taste of nightmare.
- I see.
- I see.
- The firstborns' decree that we follow the laws of Ventari seem contrived. He is of another race, of another time. In contrast, the Nightmare Court's goals have a ring of purity.
- I'm tired of the flowery lies of the Grove. The childish frivolity of the Dream is nothing more than a way of controlling the weak.
- Before my awakening, all I knew was the nightmare. I was never meant for the pleasantries of the Grove.
- While being threatened by the Nightmare Alpha Hound.
- This is a test to prove my resolve. I must embrace this fear to reach my fullest potential.
- I didn't mean to interrupt your test.
- Get that thing away from me! I didn't join to get growled at by lowly creatures.
- The hound has learned from its pain and now embodies strength. It will show me the way.