Kites are a type of novelty held item that follow the user around on a string attached to a club in their hand. Equipping a kite locks you out of your 1-5 abilities. Additionally, kites from Dry Top will grant you increased speed.
List of kites
There are four standard kite skins:
There are three speed-granting kite skins:
Kites introduced with Path of Fire:
- Sand Shark Kite
- Watermelon Sand Shark Kite
- Skimmer Kite
- Zebra Skimmer Kite
- Green Choya Kite
- Blue Choya Kite
- Red Choya Kite
Kites available during Festival of the Four Winds:
- Kites do not reduce falling damage.
- It is no longer possible to exchange kites for the Guild Kite.
- Balloons are similar held items:
- Kites were introduced on July 15, 2013 as part of the Bazaar of the Four Winds living story event, each costing 500 gems in the Gem Store (except the guild kite). Another set of kites were introduced on July 29, 2014 as part of The Dragon's Reach: Part 1 living world event. With the release of Path of Fire additional kites were introduced as rewards for the Casino Blitz.
- One of three possible kites (Lightning, Sun, Wind) was given out via the Mailing system on Monday, July 15, 2013 to all players who purchased gems through the Gem Store or with a Guild Wars 2 Gem Card between April 1st 2013 and June 30 2013.