From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- It's sad. There's something about actually being out here in the middle of the battle that just crushes your dreams.
What were your dreams?
- When I left Rata Sum, to come here, I was hoping I could help find a way to cure our colleagues who'd become Risen. Some way to make them un-undead. A lot of asura back home had that dream.
So what changed?
- When I arrived, I learned that most who were already here had arrived harboring the same dream. But they had all since abandoned those dreams, accepting that there was no cure.
And now you've given up too?
- I came here with a friend, Gelda, who had the same dream. We believed in it so strongly, we requested this same post together. But I lost her.
- We were on sentry duty. Risen ambushed us. Gelda saw them too late. When I went to help her, she...it tried to kill me. I didn't see Gelda in those eyes. At that moment, both our dreams died.
- That's rough. Good luck.
- That's too bad. Good-bye.
- It seems reality can have that effect on dreams.
- I see.
- This war has crushed a lot of dreams.