From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 25% chance of rarer materials. 80% chance of salvaging upgrades.
Cost per use: 60
— In-game description
|Gem Store (unavailable)||500|
- This is the only proper course.
- We have completed the task at hand.
- Threshold achieved.
- Now I shall break you.
- Power flow at 30%. Rerouting.
- This is most remarkable.
- Target destroyed.
- Begin destruction protocol.
- I was manufactured to the highest standards.
- Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 1.44 on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 653,000 items before it becomes cheaper than using Master's Salvage Kits.
- It may be cheaper to use Mystic Salvage Kit, depending on the availability of Mystic Forge Stones.
- If you consider the Mystic Forge Stones from Achievement rewards as free, then the Mystic Salvage Kit is only 10.5 per salvage, compared to the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic's 60 per salvage.
- If you are buying Mystic Forge Stones with gold, the Mystic Salvage Kit costs approximately 13 60 per use (As of November 2017 Gold-to-Gem rates), and the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic becomes cheaper after approximately 1000 salvages.
- Compared to the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, the chance to receive Essences of Luck is 35% higher. [verification requested]
- As the name suggests, the cost per use was originally 1 . The update on November 4, 2014 lowered the cost to 60 , bringing it closer to that of a Master's Salvage Kit.
Gem Store history
|Start date||End date||Discount||Notes|
|August 28, 2014||September 01, 2014||-|
|November 15, 2014||November 22, 2014||-||
|April 23, 2015||April 27, 2015||-||
|August 30, 2015||August 31, 2015||-||
|February 06, 2016||February 09, 2016||-||
|August 27, 2016||August 29, 2016||20%||
|November 24, 2016||November 27, 2016||20%||
|January 20, 2017||January 24, 2017||-||
|November 10, 2017||November 14, 2017||-||
|March 06, 2018||March 07, 2018||20%||
|June 08, 2018||June 15, 2018||30%||
|September 01, 2018||September 03, 2018||35%||
|November 15, 2018||November 30, 2018||-||
|March 05, 2019||March 05, 2019||25%||