From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
— In-game description
|Gem Store (unavailable)||–||500|
- This is the only proper course.
- We have completed the task at hand.
- Threshold achieved.
- Now I shall break you.
- Power flow at 30%. Rerouting.
- This is most remarkable.
- Target destroyed.
- Begin destruction protocol.
- I was manufactured to the highest standards.
- Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 1.44 on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 653,000 items before it becomes cheaper than using Master's Salvage Kits.
- It never becomes cheaper than using Mystic Salvage Kits. For the same gem price as this item, you can purchase enough Mystic Forge Stones for 3 Mystic Salvage Kits (and have 50 gems left over), which is equivalent to 30 Master's Salvage Kits.
- Given the above figure for Master's Kits (which has been calculated for the gold/gem exchange rate of 2012), this means you'd need to salvage 19,590,000 items with it to break even with Mystic Kits on the investment. To put into perspective, if you played the game every day of the year and salvaged at least 1000 items each day, you'd need 53 years to reach that point. Basically, the only reason to purchase it is to never have to restock salvage kits again.
- Compared to the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, the chance to receive Essences of Luck is 35% higher. [verification requested]
- As the name suggests, the cost per use was originally 1 . The update on November 4, 2014 lowered the cost to bring it closer to that of a Master's Salvage Kit.
- Dates available in the Gem Store: